- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
Park District hosts Community Egg Hunt April 19
Online Staff Report
Bring the family to enjoy fun outdoors and the coming of spring at the free Rockford Park District Community Egg Hunt at 11 a.m., Saturday, April 19, rain or shine at Anna Page Park, 3102 N. Springfield Ave., Rockford. Children will enjoy finding colorful eggs among thousands containing treats, and having a photo taken with The Bunny.
Family activities for all ages will be from 10 to 10:45 a.m., and music will be provided by Super Stoli. Refreshments may be purchased from the Friends of Lockwood, with all proceeds benefiting Lockwood Park.
The Egg Hunt begins at 11 a.m. for children ages 2-7, who will be grouped by ages: 2, 3-4-5, and 6-7. The event will continue while eggs last.
All children will be provided a bag for collecting eggs; no outside bags/containers allowed. Those attending are encouraged to carpool, if possible, as parking is limited. This event is open to the public, and is one of many free fun activities offered by the Rockford Park District.
For more information, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org or call (815) 987-8800. Contact event director Sue Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org or (815) 987-1603.
Posted April 16, 2014