- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rockford Speedway: April showers bring early end to Spring Classic, Season Opener April 19
By Eric Huenefeld
Director of Media and Sales, Rockford Speedway
LOVES PARK, Ill. — As a result of persistent afternoon showers, which set in just past halfway of the Mid-American Stock Car Series 50-lap feature event, the 37th Annual Spring Classic at Rockford Speedway was cut short Sunday afternoon, April 13.
Before the rains, Dixon’s Tim Hamburg was victorious in the 20-lap Tibor Machine Vintage Series feature while Franksville, Wis., driver Jeff Holtz was declared the winner of the Mid-American Series race after 29 of 50 laps.
The showers washed away the 108-lap Big 8 Late Model Series feature event, which was the only remaining race on the day’s schedule. The Big 8 Series feature race will not be rescheduled.
Pit passes and tickets from Sunday’s Spring Classic will be honored at one of the three following events:
Saturday, April 19 — 67th NASCAR season opener at Rockford Speedway;
Saturday, April 26 — Mobil 1 Dollar Night at Rockford Speedway; or
Monday, May 26 — Big 8 Late Model Series Memorial Day Special at Columbus 151 Speedway.
Upcoming at the track
It’s opening night this Saturday at Rockford Speedway, 9572 Forest Hills Road, Loves Park, Ill.
At 7:07 p.m., Saturday, April 19, another year of NASCAR racing kicks off with the 67th Season Opener. See the NASCAR Late Models, Sportsmen, American Short Trackers and Roadrunners do battle under the lights, and don’t miss the Roadrunner Challenge Driver/Fan Egg Toss. Gates open at 5 p.m. Adult admission is $12, with students ages 12-17 admitted for $8, children ages 6-11 for $5, and kids 5 and younger for free.
To order tickets in advance, visit rockfordspeedway.tix.com. For additional information, visit www.rockfordspeedway.com or call the Speedway Box Office at (815) 633-1500.
Posted April 16, 2014