- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
RSO partners with RPS 205, Mendelssohn PAC to host MusiCamp 2014
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) has announced the second year of MusiCamp, a program in partnership with the Rockford Public Schools (RPS) and the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center (PAC).
MusiCamp 2014 is designed for band and orchestra students in the region who have played an instrument for one or two years. MusiCamp offers additional instrumental music experience to students to reinforce skills and knowledge gained in their first or second year of instruction in their school.
Registration for camp participants is now being accepted. The application deadline is April 25. For more information or to sign up for the program, contact Emily Tropp at Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815) 966-8960.
Employment opportunities for a camp coordinator and camp assistants are also available. Information and applications about these positions are available on the RSO website at http://rockfordsymphony.com/employment-opportunities or by calling (815) 972-2939. The application deadline is April 21.
MusiCamp will host three separate camps for string instruments, band and marching band. String camp will take place Tuesday, June 10, through Saturday, June 14. Band camp will be Monday, June 16, through Saturday, June 21. Marching band camp will be Monday, June 23 through Saturday, June 28.
Each camp will feature group collaboration, sectional training, one-on-one personal teaching, music performances from area musicians, personal mentoring, and a final performance at the conclusion of the week. The camp takes place at the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Starr Hall, 415 N. Church St., in Rockford. The week-long camp is $5 for RPS students, $20 for students not enrolled in RPS.
Posted April 16, 2014