- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
RSO partners with RPS 205, Mendelssohn PAC to host MusiCamp 2014
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) has announced the second year of MusiCamp, a program in partnership with the Rockford Public Schools (RPS) and the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center (PAC).
MusiCamp 2014 is designed for band and orchestra students in the region who have played an instrument for one or two years. MusiCamp offers additional instrumental music experience to students to reinforce skills and knowledge gained in their first or second year of instruction in their school.
Registration for camp participants is now being accepted. The application deadline is April 25. For more information or to sign up for the program, contact Emily Tropp at Emily.email@example.com or call (815) 966-8960.
Employment opportunities for a camp coordinator and camp assistants are also available. Information and applications about these positions are available on the RSO website at http://rockfordsymphony.com/employment-opportunities or by calling (815) 972-2939. The application deadline is April 21.
MusiCamp will host three separate camps for string instruments, band and marching band. String camp will take place Tuesday, June 10, through Saturday, June 14. Band camp will be Monday, June 16, through Saturday, June 21. Marching band camp will be Monday, June 23 through Saturday, June 28.
Each camp will feature group collaboration, sectional training, one-on-one personal teaching, music performances from area musicians, personal mentoring, and a final performance at the conclusion of the week. The camp takes place at the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Starr Hall, 415 N. Church St., in Rockford. The week-long camp is $5 for RPS students, $20 for students not enrolled in RPS.
Posted April 16, 2014