- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
RVC student’s film earns top honor
Rock Valley College (RVC) Mass Communication student Tom Doherty continues to pile up awards for his film, The White Room.
After previously having his film named Best of Festival Winner for the Broadcast Education Association (BEA) Festival of Media Arts in the Two Year/Small Colleges Category, the BEA also announced April 7 that The White Room was chosen Best of the Best for the entire festival.
Each year, the chairman of the festival chooses from all the other category winners a project that is considered the best of all the winners and entries. This is the first time in the history of the festival that a student from a two-year school has won the Best of the Best Award.
The BEA Festival of Media Arts is an international exhibition of award-winning student works chosen in the following competitions: audio, documentary, interactive multimedia, two-year/small colleges, news, scriptwriting, sports and video. There were more than 1,300 entries in the festival this year.
The White Room, filmed entirely on the RVC campus, is a powerful, emotional, psychological drama that follows a young man who wakes up trapped and confused in a mysterious room with no recollection as to how he came to be there. The events of the film play out in an unforeseeable direction that will leave a lasting impact on your life.
From the April 16-22, 2014, issue