- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Loves Park man accused of sexually assaulting child found dead
Online Staff Report
A 45-year-old former Loves Park man accused of sexually assaulting a child last week has been found dead of an apparent suicide.
Jeffrey Franta’s arrest was announced last Friday, after a joint investigation involving the Loves Park Police Department led authorities to Georgia, where he was taken into custody and lodged in the Winnebago County Jail. Franta posted a $25,000 bond Friday, April 11, and was found dead the next day in Loves Park.
Franta was accused of two counts predatory criminal sexual assault of a child and two counts aggravated criminal sexual abuse. The alleged crimes occurred between 2003 and 2009, in Loves Park.