- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Loves Park man accused of sexually assaulting child found dead
Online Staff Report
A 45-year-old former Loves Park man accused of sexually assaulting a child last week has been found dead of an apparent suicide.
Jeffrey Franta’s arrest was announced last Friday, after a joint investigation involving the Loves Park Police Department led authorities to Georgia, where he was taken into custody and lodged in the Winnebago County Jail. Franta posted a $25,000 bond Friday, April 11, and was found dead the next day in Loves Park.
Franta was accused of two counts predatory criminal sexual assault of a child and two counts aggravated criminal sexual abuse. The alleged crimes occurred between 2003 and 2009, in Loves Park.