- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Loves Park man accused of sexually assaulting child found dead
Online Staff Report
A 45-year-old former Loves Park man accused of sexually assaulting a child last week has been found dead of an apparent suicide.
Jeffrey Franta’s arrest was announced last Friday, after a joint investigation involving the Loves Park Police Department led authorities to Georgia, where he was taken into custody and lodged in the Winnebago County Jail. Franta posted a $25,000 bond Friday, April 11, and was found dead the next day in Loves Park.
Franta was accused of two counts predatory criminal sexual assault of a child and two counts aggravated criminal sexual abuse. The alleged crimes occurred between 2003 and 2009, in Loves Park.