- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Loves Park man accused of sexually assaulting child found dead
Online Staff Report
A 45-year-old former Loves Park man accused of sexually assaulting a child last week has been found dead of an apparent suicide.
Jeffrey Franta’s arrest was announced last Friday, after a joint investigation involving the Loves Park Police Department led authorities to Georgia, where he was taken into custody and lodged in the Winnebago County Jail. Franta posted a $25,000 bond Friday, April 11, and was found dead the next day in Loves Park.
Franta was accused of two counts predatory criminal sexual assault of a child and two counts aggravated criminal sexual abuse. The alleged crimes occurred between 2003 and 2009, in Loves Park.