- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Loves Park man accused of sexually assaulting child found dead
Online Staff Report
A 45-year-old former Loves Park man accused of sexually assaulting a child last week has been found dead of an apparent suicide.
Jeffrey Franta’s arrest was announced last Friday, after a joint investigation involving the Loves Park Police Department led authorities to Georgia, where he was taken into custody and lodged in the Winnebago County Jail. Franta posted a $25,000 bond Friday, April 11, and was found dead the next day in Loves Park.
Franta was accused of two counts predatory criminal sexual assault of a child and two counts aggravated criminal sexual abuse. The alleged crimes occurred between 2003 and 2009, in Loves Park.