- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
Probe continues of body found in Kishwaukee River
Online Staff Report
The investigation of a body found in the Kishwaukee River Sunday, April 20, continued Monday, April 21.
At approximately 3:46 p.m., Sunday, Winnebago County Sheriff’s deputies and other rescue units were sent to the area of the Kishwaukee Gorge Forest Preserve, 4643 Blackhawk Road, in reference to a body in the Kishwaukee River.
Fire Department personnel recovered the body and brought into Atwood Park in New Milford, where it was turned over to the Winnebago County Coroner’s Office.
The body is a white female, police said. Her identity is being withheld pending an autopsy and further investigation.