- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
Probe continues of body found in Kishwaukee River
Online Staff Report
The investigation of a body found in the Kishwaukee River Sunday, April 20, continued Monday, April 21.
At approximately 3:46 p.m., Sunday, Winnebago County Sheriff’s deputies and other rescue units were sent to the area of the Kishwaukee Gorge Forest Preserve, 4643 Blackhawk Road, in reference to a body in the Kishwaukee River.
Fire Department personnel recovered the body and brought into Atwood Park in New Milford, where it was turned over to the Winnebago County Coroner’s Office.
The body is a white female, police said. Her identity is being withheld pending an autopsy and further investigation.