- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Probe continues of body found in Kishwaukee River
Online Staff Report
The investigation of a body found in the Kishwaukee River Sunday, April 20, continued Monday, April 21.
At approximately 3:46 p.m., Sunday, Winnebago County Sheriff’s deputies and other rescue units were sent to the area of the Kishwaukee Gorge Forest Preserve, 4643 Blackhawk Road, in reference to a body in the Kishwaukee River.
Fire Department personnel recovered the body and brought into Atwood Park in New Milford, where it was turned over to the Winnebago County Coroner’s Office.
The body is a white female, police said. Her identity is being withheld pending an autopsy and further investigation.