- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Probe continues of body found in Kishwaukee River
Online Staff Report
The investigation of a body found in the Kishwaukee River Sunday, April 20, continued Monday, April 21.
At approximately 3:46 p.m., Sunday, Winnebago County Sheriff’s deputies and other rescue units were sent to the area of the Kishwaukee Gorge Forest Preserve, 4643 Blackhawk Road, in reference to a body in the Kishwaukee River.
Fire Department personnel recovered the body and brought into Atwood Park in New Milford, where it was turned over to the Winnebago County Coroner’s Office.
The body is a white female, police said. Her identity is being withheld pending an autopsy and further investigation.