- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Probe continues of body found in Kishwaukee River
Online Staff Report
The investigation of a body found in the Kishwaukee River Sunday, April 20, continued Monday, April 21.
At approximately 3:46 p.m., Sunday, Winnebago County Sheriff’s deputies and other rescue units were sent to the area of the Kishwaukee Gorge Forest Preserve, 4643 Blackhawk Road, in reference to a body in the Kishwaukee River.
Fire Department personnel recovered the body and brought into Atwood Park in New Milford, where it was turned over to the Winnebago County Coroner’s Office.
The body is a white female, police said. Her identity is being withheld pending an autopsy and further investigation.