- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
To the Editor: April is National Car Care Month: Spring into action
Many vehicles were neglected during the recent brutal winter months and could use a little extra care by now. The Car Care Council recommends that motorists follow three simple steps during National Car Care Month in April to get vehicles ready for the spring and summer driving season.
Keep your vehicle clean. Regular car washes and waxes protect the paint and body of your car from corrosive debris. In parts of the country where salt is used on the roads, regularly washing is especially important.
Keep your car on schedule. Every vehicle has a manufacturer-recommended maintenance schedule. Whether you choose to do your own maintenance or patronize a local repair shop, following a routine service schedule is essential to keeping your car in safe and dependable working order.
Keep an eye on the little things. Your windshield wipers aren’t cleaning as well as they should? Your gas tank is missing its cap? There’s a warning light on your dashboard? When you see your car needs attention, don’t delay. Repairing small things now can help avoid more costly problems down the road and add years of useful vehicle life.
The Car Care Council offers many free tools on its website to help consumers drive smart, save money and be car care aware, including the popular 60-page Car Care Guide and a custom service schedule and e-mail reminder service.
Executive Director, Car Care Council
From the April 23-29, 2014 issue