- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
April 29 documentary screening explores end-of-life scenarios
Online Staff Report
League of Women Voters of Greater Rockford will present Consider the Conversation: A Documentary on a Taboo Subject from 6:30 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, April 29, at Wesley Willows, 4143 Albright Lane, Rockford. The program is free and open to the public.
This documentary discusses end-of-life scenarios in modern American life. The producers of the one-hour film have the following three goals in mind:
1. To change the current American attitude from one that predominantly views end-of-life as a failed medical event to one that sees it as a normal process rich in opportunity for human development.
2. To inspire dialogue between patient and doctor, husband and wife, parent and child, minister and parishioner.
3. To encourage medical professionals, health care organizations, and clergy to take the lead in counseling others.
This program is sponsored by the Health Care Committee of the League of Women Voters of Greater Rockford.
The purpose of the League of Women Voters of Greater Rockford is to promote political responsibility through informed and active participation of citizens in government and to act on selected governmental issues.
The League of Women Voters, a non-partisan political organization, encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Posted April 23, 2014