- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
April 29 documentary screening explores end-of-life scenarios
Online Staff Report
League of Women Voters of Greater Rockford will present Consider the Conversation: A Documentary on a Taboo Subject from 6:30 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, April 29, at Wesley Willows, 4143 Albright Lane, Rockford. The program is free and open to the public.
This documentary discusses end-of-life scenarios in modern American life. The producers of the one-hour film have the following three goals in mind:
1. To change the current American attitude from one that predominantly views end-of-life as a failed medical event to one that sees it as a normal process rich in opportunity for human development.
2. To inspire dialogue between patient and doctor, husband and wife, parent and child, minister and parishioner.
3. To encourage medical professionals, health care organizations, and clergy to take the lead in counseling others.
This program is sponsored by the Health Care Committee of the League of Women Voters of Greater Rockford.
The purpose of the League of Women Voters of Greater Rockford is to promote political responsibility through informed and active participation of citizens in government and to act on selected governmental issues.
The League of Women Voters, a non-partisan political organization, encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Posted April 23, 2014