- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Baby found dead in Beloit
Online Staff Report
Police in Beloit, Wis., are investigating the death of a 3-month-old baby.
According to reports, rescue personnel were called to the 1500 block of St. Lawrence Avenue at approximately 4:15 a.m., Wednesday, April 23, in regards to an unresponsive child.
Police say the 16-year-old mother fed the baby at around midnight then fell asleep on the couch with the child. She woke up at approximately 4 a.m., and noticed the infant was not breathing. The child was later pronounced dead.
The case is under investigation by the Beloit Police Department.