- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
Baby found dead in Beloit
Online Staff Report
Police in Beloit, Wis., are investigating the death of a 3-month-old baby.
According to reports, rescue personnel were called to the 1500 block of St. Lawrence Avenue at approximately 4:15 a.m., Wednesday, April 23, in regards to an unresponsive child.
Police say the 16-year-old mother fed the baby at around midnight then fell asleep on the couch with the child. She woke up at approximately 4 a.m., and noticed the infant was not breathing. The child was later pronounced dead.
The case is under investigation by the Beloit Police Department.