- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Baby found dead in Beloit
Online Staff Report
Police in Beloit, Wis., are investigating the death of a 3-month-old baby.
According to reports, rescue personnel were called to the 1500 block of St. Lawrence Avenue at approximately 4:15 a.m., Wednesday, April 23, in regards to an unresponsive child.
Police say the 16-year-old mother fed the baby at around midnight then fell asleep on the couch with the child. She woke up at approximately 4 a.m., and noticed the infant was not breathing. The child was later pronounced dead.
The case is under investigation by the Beloit Police Department.