- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Baby found dead in Beloit
Online Staff Report
Police in Beloit, Wis., are investigating the death of a 3-month-old baby.
According to reports, rescue personnel were called to the 1500 block of St. Lawrence Avenue at approximately 4:15 a.m., Wednesday, April 23, in regards to an unresponsive child.
Police say the 16-year-old mother fed the baby at around midnight then fell asleep on the couch with the child. She woke up at approximately 4 a.m., and noticed the infant was not breathing. The child was later pronounced dead.
The case is under investigation by the Beloit Police Department.