- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Baby found dead in Beloit
Online Staff Report
Police in Beloit, Wis., are investigating the death of a 3-month-old baby.
According to reports, rescue personnel were called to the 1500 block of St. Lawrence Avenue at approximately 4:15 a.m., Wednesday, April 23, in regards to an unresponsive child.
Police say the 16-year-old mother fed the baby at around midnight then fell asleep on the couch with the child. She woke up at approximately 4 a.m., and noticed the infant was not breathing. The child was later pronounced dead.
The case is under investigation by the Beloit Police Department.