- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Bruce Warden, Mike Williamson of Rockford receive songwriting contest award
• Warden provides single, duo, trio and quartet music regionally and piano for the Jack Farina Big Band of Beloit, Wis.
WGE Productions/Music of Rockford has received acknowledgement April 16 from the 2013 Song Of The Year International Songwriters Contest that the Broadway songwriting team of Bruce L. Warden, composer, and Mike Williamson, lyricist, from Rockford, have been awarded the Runner Up Placement Songwriting Award for their selection called “The Years Of Our Love.” This original song is part of the current release of the CD called Now You’re Here, The Warden & Williamson Songbook, recorded by Mike Williamson and produced on the Mike Williamson Music Productions Label.
Bruce L. Warden has been providing single, duo, trio, and quartet music regionally and piano for the Jack Farina Big Band of Beloit, Wis. Mike Williamson is currently providing regional entertainment shows and appearing at the Butterfly Club of Beloit, Wis.
In the acknowledgement, Jennifer from the support staff at SongOfTheYear.com stated, “The Runner Up Placement Award shows that your song, ‘The Years Of Our Love,’ received extremely high scores and was found to be competitive with the winning songs. We receive entries from all over the world, and only the top writers receive this placement in the songwriting competition. Your personal placement page has been created for you to show your accomplishment online for years to come at http://writer.songoftheyear.com/brucelwarden.html. Great job and congratulations on your songwriting placement!”
Bruce L. Warden was previously awarded in the 2011 Song Of The Year, third, in the category Inspirational, and Semi-Finalist in the 2012 Song Of The Year.
The Song Of The Year International Songwriters Contest has been on the international stage for 14 years finding new songs and songwriters for the vast music industry. A few of the Judges Panel are artists, such as Steven Tyler, Alicia Keys, Phil Collins, Lenny Kravitz, Gwen Stefani, Don Henley, and executives, such as Michelle Wells of EMI Publishing, Anthony Hayes of Sony Music, Anna M Lopez of Universal Music, and Jessica Smith-Cox of Warner Music. The Song Of The Year can be reached at www.songoftheyear.com. Any inquiries can be answered at WGE Productions or MikeWilliamsonMusicProductions.com.
From the April 23-29, 2014, issue