- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
To the Editor: Compliments on the new website
My compliments on The Rock River Times’ new website format. Your website takes only 2 seconds to load; bam! The Rockford Register Star site takes 13 seconds to load before I can scroll through it.
I absolutely hate going to the Rockford Register Star’s website. It is loaded with annoying pop-ups and way too much advertising. Too bad the parent company, GateHouse Media, forces all of the newspaper companies they own to use the GateHouse Media’s generic, gaudy, slow website pages. Please, whatever you folks do, do not start using pop-ups!
Once again, excellent format of your site. Keep up the good work!
From the April 23-29, 2014 issue