- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
To the Editor: Compliments on the new website
My compliments on The Rock River Times’ new website format. Your website takes only 2 seconds to load; bam! The Rockford Register Star site takes 13 seconds to load before I can scroll through it.
I absolutely hate going to the Rockford Register Star’s website. It is loaded with annoying pop-ups and way too much advertising. Too bad the parent company, GateHouse Media, forces all of the newspaper companies they own to use the GateHouse Media’s generic, gaudy, slow website pages. Please, whatever you folks do, do not start using pop-ups!
Once again, excellent format of your site. Keep up the good work!
From the April 23-29, 2014 issue