- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
To the Editor: Compliments on the new website
My compliments on The Rock River Times’ new website format. Your website takes only 2 seconds to load; bam! The Rockford Register Star site takes 13 seconds to load before I can scroll through it.
I absolutely hate going to the Rockford Register Star’s website. It is loaded with annoying pop-ups and way too much advertising. Too bad the parent company, GateHouse Media, forces all of the newspaper companies they own to use the GateHouse Media’s generic, gaudy, slow website pages. Please, whatever you folks do, do not start using pop-ups!
Once again, excellent format of your site. Keep up the good work!
From the April 23-29, 2014 issue