- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
To the Editor: Compliments on the new website
My compliments on The Rock River Times’ new website format. Your website takes only 2 seconds to load; bam! The Rockford Register Star site takes 13 seconds to load before I can scroll through it.
I absolutely hate going to the Rockford Register Star’s website. It is loaded with annoying pop-ups and way too much advertising. Too bad the parent company, GateHouse Media, forces all of the newspaper companies they own to use the GateHouse Media’s generic, gaudy, slow website pages. Please, whatever you folks do, do not start using pop-ups!
Once again, excellent format of your site. Keep up the good work!
From the April 23-29, 2014 issue