- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
To the Editor: Deadline for Mill Foundation grant extended to May 1
With an estimated 27 percent of children living in poverty in Winnebago County, nonprofits that serve children meet a critical need in our community. Often required to do more with fewer resources, these nonprofits create miracles on a daily basis. Finding the funding to stick to their mission is often a daily worry.
To ensure that nonprofits that benefit the Rockford region’s disadvantaged youth can continue to fulfill their missions, the Mill Foundation provides annual grants to local nonprofits. Since 2008, the Mill Foundation has awarded more than $639,000 in grants to 55 different area nonprofits that ultimately have provided our youth the values, behaviors and life skills that will lead to responsible and productive lives.
Previously a semi-annual process, the Mill Foundation’s annual grant deadline to apply is now April 1. The 2014 deadline has been extended to May 1 since this is the first time grant applications will only be accepted on a once-a-year basis. The pool of money available annually will remain the same. For grant criteria or to apply, visit www.TheMillFoundation.org by May 1.
Mill Foundation Board Chairman
From the April 23-29, 2014