- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
To the Editor: Deadline for Mill Foundation grant extended to May 1
With an estimated 27 percent of children living in poverty in Winnebago County, nonprofits that serve children meet a critical need in our community. Often required to do more with fewer resources, these nonprofits create miracles on a daily basis. Finding the funding to stick to their mission is often a daily worry.
To ensure that nonprofits that benefit the Rockford region’s disadvantaged youth can continue to fulfill their missions, the Mill Foundation provides annual grants to local nonprofits. Since 2008, the Mill Foundation has awarded more than $639,000 in grants to 55 different area nonprofits that ultimately have provided our youth the values, behaviors and life skills that will lead to responsible and productive lives.
Previously a semi-annual process, the Mill Foundation’s annual grant deadline to apply is now April 1. The 2014 deadline has been extended to May 1 since this is the first time grant applications will only be accepted on a once-a-year basis. The pool of money available annually will remain the same. For grant criteria or to apply, visit www.TheMillFoundation.org by May 1.
Mill Foundation Board Chairman
From the April 23-29, 2014