- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Online voting under way in Congressional Art Competition
U.S. Rep. Cheri Bustos, D-Ill., has announced that online voting is under way for the annual Congressional Art Competition, “An Artistic Discovery.”
The Congressional Art Competition, first held in 1982, is a nationwide high school arts competition sponsored by the U.S. House of Representatives. One winning piece of artwork from each House district will be selected to be displayed in the Cannon Tunnel of the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington, D.C., for the next year.
The winner of the competition will also win two round-trip airline tickets to Washington, D.C. Runners-up will have their artwork displayed in Bustos’ Illinois and Washington, D.C., offices.
Any high school student from Illinois’ 17th Congressional District was eligible to submit their original artwork for consideration. Voting will end April 30, and the winner will be chosen May 1.
To vote for your favorite piece of local artwork, visit http://bustos.house.gov/helping-you/art-competition.
From the April 23-29, 2014, issue