- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
RAYS swim team to host summer Rookie Week April 28-May 1
Online Staff Report
The YMCA of Rock River Valley RAYS invite youth interested in improving skills and swimming competitively this summer to Rookie Week, April 28-May 1, at the I.D. Pennock Family YMCA, 200 Y Blvd., downtown Rockford.
Rookie Week is an opportunity to try out the team and meet the coaches. Swimmers should come prepared with a suit, goggles and towel; they will perform basic technique drills in the South Pool and receive placement evaluations.
Rookies age 5-10 will swim 6:30 to 7 p.m.; rookies age 11 to 21 will swim 7 to 7:45 p.m. An informational meeting for parents will take place on deck the first night of Rookie Week, April 28.
Y Membership is not required to attend Rookie Week, but there is a $10 fee. Registration and payment may be made online at www.rockriverymca.org (search “Stingrays”) or at the Y front desk. Practice for all summer team members begins May 5 and continues through July. Questions may be directed to Head Coach Liz Grace at LGrace@rockriverymca.org or visit www.rockriverymca.org/stingrays.
Posted April 23, 2014