- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
RAYS swim team to host summer Rookie Week April 28-May 1
Online Staff Report
The YMCA of Rock River Valley RAYS invite youth interested in improving skills and swimming competitively this summer to Rookie Week, April 28-May 1, at the I.D. Pennock Family YMCA, 200 Y Blvd., downtown Rockford.
Rookie Week is an opportunity to try out the team and meet the coaches. Swimmers should come prepared with a suit, goggles and towel; they will perform basic technique drills in the South Pool and receive placement evaluations.
Rookies age 5-10 will swim 6:30 to 7 p.m.; rookies age 11 to 21 will swim 7 to 7:45 p.m. An informational meeting for parents will take place on deck the first night of Rookie Week, April 28.
Y Membership is not required to attend Rookie Week, but there is a $10 fee. Registration and payment may be made online at www.rockriverymca.org (search “Stingrays”) or at the Y front desk. Practice for all summer team members begins May 5 and continues through July. Questions may be directed to Head Coach Liz Grace at LGrace@rockriverymca.org or visit www.rockriverymca.org/stingrays.
Posted April 23, 2014