- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
RAYS swim team to host summer Rookie Week April 28-May 1
Online Staff Report
The YMCA of Rock River Valley RAYS invite youth interested in improving skills and swimming competitively this summer to Rookie Week, April 28-May 1, at the I.D. Pennock Family YMCA, 200 Y Blvd., downtown Rockford.
Rookie Week is an opportunity to try out the team and meet the coaches. Swimmers should come prepared with a suit, goggles and towel; they will perform basic technique drills in the South Pool and receive placement evaluations.
Rookies age 5-10 will swim 6:30 to 7 p.m.; rookies age 11 to 21 will swim 7 to 7:45 p.m. An informational meeting for parents will take place on deck the first night of Rookie Week, April 28.
Y Membership is not required to attend Rookie Week, but there is a $10 fee. Registration and payment may be made online at www.rockriverymca.org (search “Stingrays”) or at the Y front desk. Practice for all summer team members begins May 5 and continues through July. Questions may be directed to Head Coach Liz Grace at LGrace@rockriverymca.org or visit www.rockriverymca.org/stingrays.
Posted April 23, 2014