- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
- Parks and recreation vital to a stronger Illinois, report shows
- Illinois home sales see slight gain in October
- Rockford Rescue Mission on the front lines of battling war on homelessness
- Rockford Area Economic Development Council’s annual meeting highlights tech revolution
- NIU’s Dan Gebo named ‘Illinois Professor of the Year’
- ‘Botanicas de la Villita’ filmmakers featured in free lecture at Rockford Art Museum tonight
RAYS swim team to host summer Rookie Week April 28-May 1
Online Staff Report
The YMCA of Rock River Valley RAYS invite youth interested in improving skills and swimming competitively this summer to Rookie Week, April 28-May 1, at the I.D. Pennock Family YMCA, 200 Y Blvd., downtown Rockford.
Rookie Week is an opportunity to try out the team and meet the coaches. Swimmers should come prepared with a suit, goggles and towel; they will perform basic technique drills in the South Pool and receive placement evaluations.
Rookies age 5-10 will swim 6:30 to 7 p.m.; rookies age 11 to 21 will swim 7 to 7:45 p.m. An informational meeting for parents will take place on deck the first night of Rookie Week, April 28.
Y Membership is not required to attend Rookie Week, but there is a $10 fee. Registration and payment may be made online at www.rockriverymca.org (search “Stingrays”) or at the Y front desk. Practice for all summer team members begins May 5 and continues through July. Questions may be directed to Head Coach Liz Grace at LGrace@rockriverymca.org or visit www.rockriverymca.org/stingrays.
Posted April 23, 2014