- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Regional Planning Council seeks comments on Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy
Online Staff Report
ROCK FALLS, Ill. — The Blackhawk Hills Regional Council has posted the draft Five-Year Regional Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy plan on its website at www.blackhawkhills.com. A hard copy of the report may also be viewed upon request at the Regional Council’s office, 102 E. Route 30, Rock Falls, Ill.
The public is invited to comment on and suggest edits to the document until April 29, when the final edits will be made, approved by the Blackhawk Hills Council, and the plan submitted to the Economic Development Administration regional office in Chicago.
Blackhawk Hills Regional Council’s services include community planning, development assistance, natural resources conservation and protection support, and grant writing and administration. Blackhawk Hills serves Carroll, Jo Daviess, Lee, Ogle, Stephenson and Whiteside counties in northwest Illinois.
Questions about Blackhawk Hills may be directed to Theresa Wittenauer at (815) 625-3854 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted April 23, 2014