- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Rockford Rage Roller Derby team takes on Aurora April 26
Online Staff Report
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The Rockford Rage Roller Derby team will take on The Aurora’s 88 Problems team Saturday, April 26, at the Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Rockford defeated Aurora 196-124 April 19 in an away bout at Aurora.
Doors to the April 26 bout open at 6 p.m. Tickets ($10 adults, $5 kids, free for kids younger than 5) may be purchased in advance at brownpapertickets.com or from a local roller derby girl.Group rates for 10 or more are $8 each.
After the bout meet the skaters, get autographs and pictures. Then, join the team upstairs in the Sky Box for the after-bout party.
The Rockford Rage Women’s Roller Derby is Rockford’s first, and only, all-female flat-track roller derby league. The organization was formed in the summer of 2006 as a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting positive female interaction and athleticism and helping the community through charitable contributions, fund-raisers and benefits. The league is run by the skaters, referees and other support staff, all who are volunteers within the organization.
Posted April 23, 2014