- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Rockford Rage Roller Derby team takes on Aurora April 26
Online Staff Report
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The Rockford Rage Roller Derby team will take on The Aurora’s 88 Problems team Saturday, April 26, at the Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Rockford defeated Aurora 196-124 April 19 in an away bout at Aurora.
Doors to the April 26 bout open at 6 p.m. Tickets ($10 adults, $5 kids, free for kids younger than 5) may be purchased in advance at brownpapertickets.com or from a local roller derby girl.Group rates for 10 or more are $8 each.
After the bout meet the skaters, get autographs and pictures. Then, join the team upstairs in the Sky Box for the after-bout party.
The Rockford Rage Women’s Roller Derby is Rockford’s first, and only, all-female flat-track roller derby league. The organization was formed in the summer of 2006 as a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting positive female interaction and athleticism and helping the community through charitable contributions, fund-raisers and benefits. The league is run by the skaters, referees and other support staff, all who are volunteers within the organization.
Posted April 23, 2014