- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Rockford Rage Roller Derby team takes on Aurora April 26
Online Staff Report
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The Rockford Rage Roller Derby team will take on The Aurora’s 88 Problems team Saturday, April 26, at the Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Rockford defeated Aurora 196-124 April 19 in an away bout at Aurora.
Doors to the April 26 bout open at 6 p.m. Tickets ($10 adults, $5 kids, free for kids younger than 5) may be purchased in advance at brownpapertickets.com or from a local roller derby girl.Group rates for 10 or more are $8 each.
After the bout meet the skaters, get autographs and pictures. Then, join the team upstairs in the Sky Box for the after-bout party.
The Rockford Rage Women’s Roller Derby is Rockford’s first, and only, all-female flat-track roller derby league. The organization was formed in the summer of 2006 as a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting positive female interaction and athleticism and helping the community through charitable contributions, fund-raisers and benefits. The league is run by the skaters, referees and other support staff, all who are volunteers within the organization.
Posted April 23, 2014