- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Schultz should be commended for his honesty
Editor’s note: The following is in response to the April 16-22, 2014, guest column “Nothing done on the Hawk’s Nest deal … only in Winnebago County,” by Winnebago County Board member Steve Schultz, R-3.
It is about time to have an honest man of integrity in our public office. We need more men like Schultz, who will boldly go where others cower and retreat toward selfish gain. Truth will win. Time will clearly tell. Maybe it already has.
From the April 23-29, 2014 issue