- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Schultz should be commended for his honesty
Editor’s note: The following is in response to the April 16-22, 2014, guest column “Nothing done on the Hawk’s Nest deal … only in Winnebago County,” by Winnebago County Board member Steve Schultz, R-3.
It is about time to have an honest man of integrity in our public office. We need more men like Schultz, who will boldly go where others cower and retreat toward selfish gain. Truth will win. Time will clearly tell. Maybe it already has.
From the April 23-29, 2014 issue