- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Schultz should be commended for his honesty
Editor’s note: The following is in response to the April 16-22, 2014, guest column “Nothing done on the Hawk’s Nest deal … only in Winnebago County,” by Winnebago County Board member Steve Schultz, R-3.
It is about time to have an honest man of integrity in our public office. We need more men like Schultz, who will boldly go where others cower and retreat toward selfish gain. Truth will win. Time will clearly tell. Maybe it already has.
From the April 23-29, 2014 issue