- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Schultz should be commended for his honesty
Editor’s note: The following is in response to the April 16-22, 2014, guest column “Nothing done on the Hawk’s Nest deal … only in Winnebago County,” by Winnebago County Board member Steve Schultz, R-3.
It is about time to have an honest man of integrity in our public office. We need more men like Schultz, who will boldly go where others cower and retreat toward selfish gain. Truth will win. Time will clearly tell. Maybe it already has.
From the April 23-29, 2014 issue