- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Student’s artwork chosen for Young at Heart button
Organizers of the 2014 Young at Heart Festival chose the winning artwork for this year’s button design from among entries produced by Machesney Park Harlem High School art students. The winner is Liz Schutt. Schutt’s artwork will be featured on this year’s festival buttons and promotional materials.
Diana Johnson, executive director of the Parks Chamber and the sponsoring organization of Young at Heart, made the presentation to Schutt during a presentation at Harlem High School April 17. She received a $100 prize for her design. Also in attendance were Loves Park Mayor Darryl Lindberg and Machesney Park Mayor Jerry Bolin.
Young at Heart Festival is held over Memorial Day Weekend, from Friday, May 23, through Monday, May 26, on the grounds of the Parks Chamber of Commerce, 100 Heart Blvd., Loves Park, Ill. Buttons sales begin the first week of May at outlets all over the region. Buttons, $7 in advance or $9 at the gate, are good for all four days of the festival. All music shows are included with admission. Children 6 and younger are admitted free when accompanied by an adult. Visit youngatheartfestival.com or find Young At Heart Festival on Facebook for button sales locations and event information.
From the April 23-29, 2014 issue