- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Student’s artwork chosen for Young at Heart button
Organizers of the 2014 Young at Heart Festival chose the winning artwork for this year’s button design from among entries produced by Machesney Park Harlem High School art students. The winner is Liz Schutt. Schutt’s artwork will be featured on this year’s festival buttons and promotional materials.
Diana Johnson, executive director of the Parks Chamber and the sponsoring organization of Young at Heart, made the presentation to Schutt during a presentation at Harlem High School April 17. She received a $100 prize for her design. Also in attendance were Loves Park Mayor Darryl Lindberg and Machesney Park Mayor Jerry Bolin.
Young at Heart Festival is held over Memorial Day Weekend, from Friday, May 23, through Monday, May 26, on the grounds of the Parks Chamber of Commerce, 100 Heart Blvd., Loves Park, Ill. Buttons sales begin the first week of May at outlets all over the region. Buttons, $7 in advance or $9 at the gate, are good for all four days of the festival. All music shows are included with admission. Children 6 and younger are admitted free when accompanied by an adult. Visit youngatheartfestival.com or find Young At Heart Festival on Facebook for button sales locations and event information.
From the April 23-29, 2014 issue