- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
The Arc executive director to retire
The Arc of Winnebago, Boone and Ogle Counties has announced the retirement of Executive Director Jacki Neil Boss.
Neil Boss has been The Arc’s executive director for more than 10 years. She has seen the agency through many challenges. During her tenure, the organization survived drastic budget cuts in state funding for human services. Fund-raising income increased thanks to community support for The Chocoholic Frolic, The Great Home Giveaway and The Great Dream Machine. Most importantly, more people are being served than ever before.
Neil Boss was first employed at The Arc as a family support coordinator. She helped many families with what can be a daunting process, raising a child with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Her passion comes from personal experience with her oldest son, Alex, who has multiple diagnoses.
“I feel so blessed to be able to help families, as my family was helped by those who came before me,” she said. “The Arc began as — and still is — a grassroots organization advocating for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. The energy of the next generation ensures The Arc continues to fulfill its mission.”
Jacki and her husband John will be enjoying their retirement years traveling, seeing the country in their RV. She also looks forward to having her summers available to visit her youngest son and his family in South Africa, where she and her husband met. Jacki is also active with her therapy dog and is interested in branching out to new areas with Honey Bear where she feels called.
The public is invited to a retirement open house from 3 to 6 p.m., Tuesday, April 29, at The Arc, 1222 E. State St., Rockford.
From the April 23-29, 2014