- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Timber Lake Playhouse holds auditions for upcoming shows
Online Staff Report
MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Timber Lake Playhouse (TLP), the professional, non-profit summer theater of northwest Illinois, will hold auditions for the children’s ensemble of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and the adult ensemble of Young Frankenstein at 9:30 a.m., Saturday May 3, at the theater in Mount Carroll, Ill. Auditions for Gavroche and Young Cosette in Les Miserables will be at 4 p.m., Sunday, April 27.
The company is casting 13 children who are strong singers between the ages of 7 and 12 for Joseph …, which will open the playhouse’s 53rd season in June. Up to eight teens and adults who are strong singers or dancers will be cast in ensemble roles for Young Frankenstein, which opens July 3.
Auditionees will be seen in the order they arrive and sign in. Sign-in will begin at the theater at 9 a.m., and parents are asked not to arrive before them.
All performers must be available for all scheduled rehearsals and performances. Performance dates and rehearsal schedules can be found at www.timberlakeplayhouse.org.
Anyone auditioning should bring a current photo and sheet music for a song that best shows their vocal ability. An accompanist will be provided. Do not bring accompaniment on CDs. Parents may not sit in on auditions.
TLP is at 8215 Black Oak Road in Mount Carroll, Ill. All ethnicities are encouraged to attend. These ensemble roles are not paid.
Auditions for the roles of Gavroche, Young Cosette and Young Eponine in Les Miserables will begin at 4 p.m., April 27. The playhouse is seeking a boy who looks 8 to 12 for Gavroche who is a very strong singer and is comfortable on stage. Girls who look 8 to 10, who are strong singers and very comfortable on stage are encouraged to audition for Young Cosette and Young Eponine. All children should bring a song to sing in the style of the show. They may sing from the show, as well. An accompanist will be provided. These roles are not paid, but a travel stipend may be arranged. Call the theater at (815) 244-2035 to sign up for Les Miserables auditions only.
More information is available at www.timberlakeplayhouse.org.
Posted April 23, 2014