- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Timber Lake to hold auditions for musicians, kids for ‘Les Miserables’ April 27
Online Staff Report
MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Timber Lake Playhouse (TLP), the professional, non-profit summer theater of northwest Illinois, will hold auditions for qualified musicians for their summer season at 2 p.m., Sunday, April 27, at the theater in Mount Carroll, Ill. Auditions for children for the theater’s upcoming production of Les Miserables will follow at 4 p.m.
The 53rd summer season of TLP will include the musicals Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, The New Mel Brooks Musical Young Frankenstein, Les Miserables and Shout! The Mod Musical. All musicals at TLP utilize paid area musicians. Auditions for bass (upright and electric), woodwinds, percussion, guitar, brass and strings will begin at 2 p.m. Musicians will be seen in 10-minute appointments. They should be prepared to play a selection of their choosing. They might be asked to sight read from one of the shows. For an appointment, call the theater at (815) 244-2035. TLP is at 8215 Black Oak Road, in Mount Carroll, Ill. Performance dates and rehearsal schedules can be found at www.timberlakeplayhouse.org.
Auditions for the roles of Gavroche, Young Cosette and Young Eponine in Les Miserables will begin at 4 p.m. The playhouse is seeking a boy ages 8-12 for Gavroche who is a very strong singer and is comfortable on stage. Girls ages 8-10, who are strong singers and very comfortable on stage, are encouraged to audition for Young Cosette and Young Eponine. All children should bring a song to sing in the style of the show. They may sing from the show, as well. An accompanist will be provided. These roles are not paid, but a travel stipend may be arranged. All ethnicities are encouraged to attend. Call the theater at (815) 244-2035 to sign up for auditions.
Additional auditions for children for Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and adults for Young Frankenstein will be held in May. Performers and musicians must be available for all scheduled performances and rehearsals. More information is available at www.timberlakeplayhouse.org. Timber Lake Playhouse programs are supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council through federal funds provided by the National Endowment for the Arts.
Posted April 23, 2014