- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Winners named in Monroe Arts Center’s regional competition
• Artwork remains on display through May 3
Online Staff Report
MONROE, Wis. — Monroe Arts Center (MAC) has announced the results for the 2014 Wisconsin Regional Arts Program (WRAP) Competition.
Artist and judge Barbara Kohl-Spiro of Milwaukee chose a total of 14 artists as recipients of state and honorable mention awards. This was the 27th consecutive year the MAC has hosted this event for non-professional artists. This program is in collaboration with the UW-Madison Department of Liberal Studies.
Artwork is on display in MAC’s Wesley Hall through Saturday, May 2. The exhibit will end with an artist workshop conducted by Leslie Iwai of Middleton, Wis., from 9:30 a.m. to noon, Saturday, May 3. The workshop is free for the WRAP artists. The workshop is open to the public, and reservations are not needed, but a $5 fee is required at the door.
The state award winners are Jeanne Ausmus (Monroe, Wis.); Lynda Caudell (Monroe, Wis.); Roger Dorneden (Apple River, Ill.); Barbara Leonard (Janesville, Wis.); Mary Lou Lindroth (Rockton, Ill.); Jane Kraeuche Olson (New Glarus, Wis.); and Caitilin Williams Stolle (Brooklyn, Wis.).
The honorable mention winners are Natalie Callahan (Monroe, Wis.); Amy Hesselbacher (Freeport, Ill.); Susan Ivanko (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.); Nancy McKinnon (Janesville, Wis.); Amanda Spielman (Freeport, Ill.); Helen Stauffer (Monroe, Wis.); and Mike McKinnon (Janesville, Wis.).
All state award-winning artworks selected at each of the Wisconsin regional exhibit locations this past year will again be juried at the annual Statewide Exhibit and Conference Saturday, Sept. 27, at the Center for Visual Art in Wausau, Wis.
For more information, contact the MAC at (608) 325-5700, (888) 596-1249, or online at www.monroeartscenter.com.
Posted April 23, 2014