- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Winners named in Monroe Arts Center’s regional competition
• Artwork remains on display through May 3
Online Staff Report
MONROE, Wis. — Monroe Arts Center (MAC) has announced the results for the 2014 Wisconsin Regional Arts Program (WRAP) Competition.
Artist and judge Barbara Kohl-Spiro of Milwaukee chose a total of 14 artists as recipients of state and honorable mention awards. This was the 27th consecutive year the MAC has hosted this event for non-professional artists. This program is in collaboration with the UW-Madison Department of Liberal Studies.
Artwork is on display in MAC’s Wesley Hall through Saturday, May 2. The exhibit will end with an artist workshop conducted by Leslie Iwai of Middleton, Wis., from 9:30 a.m. to noon, Saturday, May 3. The workshop is free for the WRAP artists. The workshop is open to the public, and reservations are not needed, but a $5 fee is required at the door.
The state award winners are Jeanne Ausmus (Monroe, Wis.); Lynda Caudell (Monroe, Wis.); Roger Dorneden (Apple River, Ill.); Barbara Leonard (Janesville, Wis.); Mary Lou Lindroth (Rockton, Ill.); Jane Kraeuche Olson (New Glarus, Wis.); and Caitilin Williams Stolle (Brooklyn, Wis.).
The honorable mention winners are Natalie Callahan (Monroe, Wis.); Amy Hesselbacher (Freeport, Ill.); Susan Ivanko (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.); Nancy McKinnon (Janesville, Wis.); Amanda Spielman (Freeport, Ill.); Helen Stauffer (Monroe, Wis.); and Mike McKinnon (Janesville, Wis.).
All state award-winning artworks selected at each of the Wisconsin regional exhibit locations this past year will again be juried at the annual Statewide Exhibit and Conference Saturday, Sept. 27, at the Center for Visual Art in Wausau, Wis.
For more information, contact the MAC at (608) 325-5700, (888) 596-1249, or online at www.monroeartscenter.com.
Posted April 23, 2014