- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Belvidere’s Summerfield Zoo opens for season April 26
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Belvidere’s Summerfield Zoo has announced its 2014 opening weekends — Saturdays and Sundays, April 26-27 and May 3-4. The public is invited to see all of our new spring babies — reindeer, bunnies, goats, sheep, wallabies and more!
Summerfield Zoo is open Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays from 11a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $8 per adult, $6 per senior, and $5 per child — all proceeds go to the care of all the animals, many of which are rescue animals.
Yvette McGreane, a volunteer at Summerfield Zoo, said: “We have everything from A(alligator) to Z (zebra)! We also have everything in between; including mountain lions, hyena, wolves, monkeys, and much more! There is always something new going on at Summerfield Zoo, and with all the new babies at this time of year, now is a great time to come out and see them for yourself. It’s also a great chance to see what you have been missing if you haven’t been here.”
Enjoy animal presentations, bottles for baby goats, pony rides, the petting zoo, Carmen’s Café, and Prancer’s Gift Shop all while at the zoo.
Summerfield Zoo specializes in providing an up-close and personal animal experience for the whole family. As a small zoo, visitors can get up close and meet many of the animals.
For more about Summerfield Zoo and the exotic animals, visit www.summerfieldfarmandzoo.com, call (815) 547-4852, or follow on Facebook.
Summerfield Zoo is at 3088 Flora Road, Belvidere, Ill.
Posted April 24, 2014