- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Belvidere’s Summerfield Zoo opens for season April 26
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Belvidere’s Summerfield Zoo has announced its 2014 opening weekends — Saturdays and Sundays, April 26-27 and May 3-4. The public is invited to see all of our new spring babies — reindeer, bunnies, goats, sheep, wallabies and more!
Summerfield Zoo is open Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays from 11a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $8 per adult, $6 per senior, and $5 per child — all proceeds go to the care of all the animals, many of which are rescue animals.
Yvette McGreane, a volunteer at Summerfield Zoo, said: “We have everything from A(alligator) to Z (zebra)! We also have everything in between; including mountain lions, hyena, wolves, monkeys, and much more! There is always something new going on at Summerfield Zoo, and with all the new babies at this time of year, now is a great time to come out and see them for yourself. It’s also a great chance to see what you have been missing if you haven’t been here.”
Enjoy animal presentations, bottles for baby goats, pony rides, the petting zoo, Carmen’s Café, and Prancer’s Gift Shop all while at the zoo.
Summerfield Zoo specializes in providing an up-close and personal animal experience for the whole family. As a small zoo, visitors can get up close and meet many of the animals.
For more about Summerfield Zoo and the exotic animals, visit www.summerfieldfarmandzoo.com, call (815) 547-4852, or follow on Facebook.
Summerfield Zoo is at 3088 Flora Road, Belvidere, Ill.
Posted April 24, 2014