- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Nationally recognized author to speak on renewable energy at RVC April 29
Online Staff Report
Jay Warmke, a nationally recognized author and educator on sustainable living, will be speaking at Rock Valley College (RVC) as part of its Earth Month events Tuesday, April 29. Warmke will present from 5 to 7 p.m. in the Student Center Atrium on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road.
Warmke, nationally recognized author of When the Biomass Hits the Wind Turbine: How we got ourselves into this mess, and how we are going to get out of it?, will speak about renewable energy and sustainable living.
Warmke began his career in the comic book industry after graduating from Ohio University’s prestigious Scripts-Howard school of Journalism. In 2004, he and his family established Blue Rock Station — a sustainable living center that features the first Earthship (a 2,200-square-foot passive solar home constructed out of garbage) built east of the Mississippi River.
He is also the author of numerous green technology books and articles, including Green Technology, Concepts and Practices — one of the best-selling comprehensive texts on the subject.
He is a member of the board of directors of Ohio Green Living, Green Energy Ohio, and the International Certification and Accreditation Council. He is also a committee member of several Electronic Technician Association certification boards, including those writing national examinations in photovoltaics, electric vehicles, as well as the Renewable Energy Integrator certification.
Posted April 24, 2014