- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
Today in Pictures: White pelicans on the Rock River
Online Staff Report
Every spring, the Rock River becomes a haven for migratory birds, including the American white pelican.
April 20, Ellen Drew Prather, of 8 Eyes Photography, submitted this shot of a colony of pelicans on The Rock River Times Facebook page. Prather captured the photo near Oregon, Ill.
Readers are encouraged to post photographs on the The Rock River Times Facebook page and submit them via email. Photos may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Today in Pictures” in the subject line.