- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Today in Pictures: White pelicans on the Rock River
Online Staff Report
Every spring, the Rock River becomes a haven for migratory birds, including the American white pelican.
April 20, Ellen Drew Prather, of 8 Eyes Photography, submitted this shot of a colony of pelicans on The Rock River Times Facebook page. Prather captured the photo near Oregon, Ill.
Readers are encouraged to post photographs on the The Rock River Times Facebook page and submit them via email. Photos may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Today in Pictures” in the subject line.