- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Today in Pictures: White pelicans on the Rock River
Online Staff Report
Every spring, the Rock River becomes a haven for migratory birds, including the American white pelican.
April 20, Ellen Drew Prather, of 8 Eyes Photography, submitted this shot of a colony of pelicans on The Rock River Times Facebook page. Prather captured the photo near Oregon, Ill.
Readers are encouraged to post photographs on the The Rock River Times Facebook page and submit them via email. Photos may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Today in Pictures” in the subject line.