- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Two arrested on pot charges following search of Rockford residence
Online Staff Report
Earlier this month, District 2 Detectives began investigating the alleged distribution of cannabis from a residence at 1315 Seventh Ave., Rockford. This investigation was reviewed by the Winnebago County States Attorney’s Office and the courts issued a search warrant for the property.
Wednesday, April 23, District 2 detectives and members of the Neighborhood Response Unit executed the warrant and recovered stolen property and a quantity of cannabis.
Arrested as a result of the search were Nathan Bradley, 24, of Rockford, and 36-year-old Michael Bradley, also of Rockford. Nathan Bradley was charged with possession of stolen property and possession with the intent to deliver 30-500 grams of cannabis.
Michael Bradley was charged with misdemeanor possession of cannabis. According to court records, Bradley also faces felony charges of manufacturing/delivery of cannabis and possession of stolen property in a separate case. He is currently out on bond.
Nathan Bradley is being held in the Winnebago County Jail pending a bond hearing. He is scheduled to appear in court at 1:30 p.m., Thursday, April 24.