- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
Two arrested on pot charges following search of Rockford residence
Online Staff Report
Earlier this month, District 2 Detectives began investigating the alleged distribution of cannabis from a residence at 1315 Seventh Ave., Rockford. This investigation was reviewed by the Winnebago County States Attorney’s Office and the courts issued a search warrant for the property.
Wednesday, April 23, District 2 detectives and members of the Neighborhood Response Unit executed the warrant and recovered stolen property and a quantity of cannabis.
Arrested as a result of the search were Nathan Bradley, 24, of Rockford, and 36-year-old Michael Bradley, also of Rockford. Nathan Bradley was charged with possession of stolen property and possession with the intent to deliver 30-500 grams of cannabis.
Michael Bradley was charged with misdemeanor possession of cannabis. According to court records, Bradley also faces felony charges of manufacturing/delivery of cannabis and possession of stolen property in a separate case. He is currently out on bond.
Nathan Bradley is being held in the Winnebago County Jail pending a bond hearing. He is scheduled to appear in court at 1:30 p.m., Thursday, April 24.