- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Two arrested on pot charges following search of Rockford residence
Online Staff Report
Earlier this month, District 2 Detectives began investigating the alleged distribution of cannabis from a residence at 1315 Seventh Ave., Rockford. This investigation was reviewed by the Winnebago County States Attorney’s Office and the courts issued a search warrant for the property.
Wednesday, April 23, District 2 detectives and members of the Neighborhood Response Unit executed the warrant and recovered stolen property and a quantity of cannabis.
Arrested as a result of the search were Nathan Bradley, 24, of Rockford, and 36-year-old Michael Bradley, also of Rockford. Nathan Bradley was charged with possession of stolen property and possession with the intent to deliver 30-500 grams of cannabis.
Michael Bradley was charged with misdemeanor possession of cannabis. According to court records, Bradley also faces felony charges of manufacturing/delivery of cannabis and possession of stolen property in a separate case. He is currently out on bond.
Nathan Bradley is being held in the Winnebago County Jail pending a bond hearing. He is scheduled to appear in court at 1:30 p.m., Thursday, April 24.