- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Miles Nielsen, Derek Luttrell at Memorial Hall tonight, April 25
By Jim Hagerty
Miles Nielsen and his Rusted Hearts will join singer-songwriter Derek Lutrell tonight, April 25, on the stage at Memorial Hall, 211 N. Main St., downtown.
The show will celebrate the release of Luttrell’s new CD, Tired Dogs, Old Trees. Cheap Trick drummer Daxx Nielsen, along with Rusted Hearts guitarist Daniel McMahon, will perform with Luttrell.
Nielsen and Luttrell are coming off a string of dates in Colorado before coming back to the Midwest for shows in Illinois, Wisconsin and Iowa.
“Can’t wait to share Derek’s new songs with the city we both call home,” Nielsen said.
Doors open at 6 p.m. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15. Advanced tickets can be purchased at rustedtrunk.com. The show is presented by Rotown Records and Andy Whorehall.