- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Ski Broncs Waterski Show Team hosts fund-raiser May 9 at Tebala Shrine Center
By Jim Hagerty
The Ski Broncs Waterski Show Team will hold its annual Ski Broncs Bash Fund-raiser from 6 to 11 p.m., Friday, May 9, at the Tebala Shrine Center, 7910 Newburg Road, Rockford.
The event will feature a dinner, cocktails, a silent auction and live music by RAMI Hall of Fame members Men of Our Times. Admission is free.
Proceeds from the event will help Ski Broncs performances for the upcoming season.
The Ski Broncs provide an acrobatic and theatrical water ski show every week on the Rock River. The team performs 30-35 shows each year at Shorewood Park in Loves Park, Ill.
The team was founded in 1967. It aims to teach children life skills relating to athletics, sportsmanship and exercise, as well as competition and water safety. More about the Ski Broncs is available at (815) 262-4421 or at skibroncs.com.
From the April 30-May 6, 2014 issue