- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
One of two suspects arrested in Beloit, Wis., homicide
Online Staff Report
One suspect is in custody in the shooting death of a 20-year-old Beloit, Wis., man.
JaJuan Logan, 20, has been arrested in Racine, Wis., in connection with the shooting death of Raymond Holloway, Holloway was gunned down April 25 in Beloit.
A second suspect, 31-year-old Angelo Young, is still on the loose.Young is wanted on a first-degree murder warrant issued by the Rock County District Attorney’s Office.
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Angelo Young is urged to call the Beloit Police Department at (608) 364-6801.Tips may also be sent via text message to 27463. Information leading to an arrest may be eligible for a cash reward up to $1,000.
Holloway’s murder was the second within a 24-hour period. Just after midnight April 24, 36-year-old Edward Haley was shot in the 2100 block of Newark Road. He later died as the result of his wounds. Whether the two incidents are connected is not known, however, police are investigating that possibility.