- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Rockford Spanish club to meet Sunday, May 4, at Hope and Anchor
Online Staff Report
Sunday, May 4, the Rockford Area Spanish Conversation Meetup will be held at Hope and Anchor, 5040 N. Second St., Loves Park, instead of the Bagel Place.
The even is a benefit, with 15 percent of all Hope and Anchor proceeds being donated to (Community Responding to Overcoming Poverty) CROP. The event runs from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Live music from Trinadora (Janel Nelson and Ron Holm) will held from 2-4 p.m., and 5-7 p.m. Spanish dancer Judith Barrera and McMillen & Co. will also perform.
Cost is free.
Hope and Anchor can be reached at (815) 633-2552.