- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Suspect sought in second weekend homicide
Update: The victim in the far-west Rockford homicide has been identified as 27-year-old James Tilson.
Online Staff Report
Police have no suspects in a homicide they say occurred on Rockford’s far-west side some time between Saturday night, May 3, and Sunday, May 4.
According to reports, a man was found shot to death Sunday in a car parked in the yard of a vacant home at 4211 Crandall Ave., in unincorporated Winnebago County. The name of the victim has not been released. The case is being investigated by the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office.
Anyone with information about this incident is urged to call the Winnebago County Sheriff at (815) 319-6000, or Crime Stoppers at (815) 963-7867.
The incident marks the second area homicide in as many days. Early Saturday morning, 24-year-old Savannah Johnson was found shot and stabbed in her 15th Street apartment after what has been reported as a domestic dispute. Johnson’s boyfriend was later arrested and is being held on two counts of attempted murder.
The Rock River Times will have more on this story as it develops.