- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Rock Valley College Board of Trustees reorganizes
Tuesday, April 22, the Rock Valley College (RVC) Board of Trustees held its annual reorganization meeting. Frank Haney was elected board chairman, Lynn Kearney vice chairman, and Patrick Murphy secretary. Haney will succeed Michael Dunn Jr., who reached his term limit of two years as chairman.
“Mike has done a great job,” said Haney. “I am grateful for his leadership and look forward to working closely with him, the rest of our board, our outstanding new president, Mike Mastroianni, and the rest of the RVC family.
Haney said the board remains committed to many goals, including pursuing partnerships, growing programing and upgrading facilities that align with community needs; increasing enrollment to help raise educational attainment in the region; and being good financial stewards of the college’s nearly $80 million operating budget.
From the May 7-14, 2014, issue