- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simons as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Rock Valley College Board of Trustees reorganizes
Tuesday, April 22, the Rock Valley College (RVC) Board of Trustees held its annual reorganization meeting. Frank Haney was elected board chairman, Lynn Kearney vice chairman, and Patrick Murphy secretary. Haney will succeed Michael Dunn Jr., who reached his term limit of two years as chairman.
“Mike has done a great job,” said Haney. “I am grateful for his leadership and look forward to working closely with him, the rest of our board, our outstanding new president, Mike Mastroianni, and the rest of the RVC family.
Haney said the board remains committed to many goals, including pursuing partnerships, growing programing and upgrading facilities that align with community needs; increasing enrollment to help raise educational attainment in the region; and being good financial stewards of the college’s nearly $80 million operating budget.
From the May 7-14, 2014, issue