- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
Rock Valley College Board of Trustees reorganizes
Tuesday, April 22, the Rock Valley College (RVC) Board of Trustees held its annual reorganization meeting. Frank Haney was elected board chairman, Lynn Kearney vice chairman, and Patrick Murphy secretary. Haney will succeed Michael Dunn Jr., who reached his term limit of two years as chairman.
“Mike has done a great job,” said Haney. “I am grateful for his leadership and look forward to working closely with him, the rest of our board, our outstanding new president, Mike Mastroianni, and the rest of the RVC family.
Haney said the board remains committed to many goals, including pursuing partnerships, growing programing and upgrading facilities that align with community needs; increasing enrollment to help raise educational attainment in the region; and being good financial stewards of the college’s nearly $80 million operating budget.
From the May 7-14, 2014, issue