- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
USDA announces $28.2 million in funding for the Rural Energy for America Program
The USDA announced $28.2 million in funding for the Rural Energy for America Program (REAP) on Monday. REAP provides grants and loan guarantees to farmers, ranchers and rural small businesses for a wide range of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. You can download the Notice of Funding Availability here.
This is the first of two rounds of funding to be announced this year. Later this year, the USDA will release the final REAP rule as well as an additional $50 million in mandatory funding from the Farm Bill.
Grant Application Deadline: July 7, 2014
Loan-Guarantee Only Application Deadline: July 31, 2014
Due to changes in the new Farm Bill, there will be no funding for flexible fuel blender pumps or feasibility studies. Due to the late funding notice (after April 1), there will be no funding in 2014 for Energy Audits or Renewable Energy Development Assistance.
Read more and find the official notice here. Applicants can find further tips at this story.
Andy Olsen, Al Grosboll, and the ELPC Farm Team