- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Aviators release 2014 Promotional Schedule
Online Staff Report
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The Rockford Aviators professional baseball team released its 2014 Promotional Schedule Wednesday, May 7. The club opens its season Friday, May 16, at Aviators Stadium against the River City Rascals at 7:05 p.m. Opening Day festivities include a spectacular postgame fireworks show.
All Thursday games will be known as “Jax Pub and Oscar’s Pub & Grill $1 Beer Nights.” All game, draft beers are $1 and bottles are $2.
Fans can enjoy a total of 10 postgame fireworks shows this season with the Power Connection Friday Night Fireworks. Additionally, fans can see fireworks shows after games July 3 and Aug. 23. Fridays will also be Sam’s Club Free Gas Fridays. Four lucky fans each Friday will win free gas cards courtesy of Sam’s Club.
Saturdays are full of giveaways. Magnetic schedules, aviator sunglasses, T-shirts, baseball caps, fleece blankets, baseball cards, stadium cups, umbrellas and pint glasses will all be given away on various Saturdays throughout the season. Additionally, a diamond will be given to a lucky lady in attendance Friday, Aug. 8.
YMCA Family Nights are back in 2014. Every Sunday home game, kids can play catch on the field prior to the game (4-4:30 p.m.), kids tickets are just $2, the YMCA will have extra inflatables and activities on-hand, and kids can run the bases after the game. Rockford Health System Kids Club members receive free admission to all Sunday home games. Call (815) 885-2255 or visit rockfordaviators.com for information on how to sign up.
There will also be special nights for veterans, senior citizens, pets and manufacturers.
The Aviators begin their season May 16 at home against the River City Rascals. First pitch is set for 7:05 p.m. Central time. Single-game tickets are on sale. Purchase tickets by calling (815) 885-BALL or (815) 885-2255.
Fans are also encouraged to sign up for the Aviators Flight Club by texting “AVIATORS” to 63975. Members of the Aviators Flight Club will receive exclusive offers throughout the season.
Aviators Stadium is at 4503 Interstate Blvd. in Loves Park, Ill.
Posted May 8, 2014