- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Eight cited following May 7 alcohol compliance checks
Online Staff Report
Wednesday, May 7, the Rockford Police Department Community Services Unit and Neighborhood Response Unit combined efforts with the Winnebago County Health Department to conduct alcohol compliance checks at retailers in the city of Rockford.
During the compliance checks, revenue from the Winnebago County Health Department and minors employed by the Winnebago County Health Department were utilized to make controlled purchases of alcoholic products from area businesses.
Eighty-two stores were checked in the city of Rockford. The following stores sold alcoholic beverages to minors, and the clerks at the following businesses were issued citations for “Sale of Alcoholic Products to Minors”:
• Mobil, 1320 N. Main St.;
• Citgo Gas, 4315 Auburn St.;
• Walmart Supercenter, 3902 W. Riverside Blvd.;
• Mobil, 7250 E. State St.;
• Royal Liquor Mart, 3714 E. State St.;
• Super Pantry, 3819 Broadway;
• Tower Gas Mart, 542 N. Lyford Road; and
• Valli Produce of Rockford, 5880 E. State St.
Rockford Alcohol Free Teens offers Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education Training (BASSET) to retailers. For more information, contact Delicia Harris at (815) 967-4036.
Funding provided by the Illinois Department of Human Services and the Office of juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.
Posted May 8, 2014