- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Eight cited following May 7 alcohol compliance checks
Online Staff Report
Wednesday, May 7, the Rockford Police Department Community Services Unit and Neighborhood Response Unit combined efforts with the Winnebago County Health Department to conduct alcohol compliance checks at retailers in the city of Rockford.
During the compliance checks, revenue from the Winnebago County Health Department and minors employed by the Winnebago County Health Department were utilized to make controlled purchases of alcoholic products from area businesses.
Eighty-two stores were checked in the city of Rockford. The following stores sold alcoholic beverages to minors, and the clerks at the following businesses were issued citations for “Sale of Alcoholic Products to Minors”:
• Mobil, 1320 N. Main St.;
• Citgo Gas, 4315 Auburn St.;
• Walmart Supercenter, 3902 W. Riverside Blvd.;
• Mobil, 7250 E. State St.;
• Royal Liquor Mart, 3714 E. State St.;
• Super Pantry, 3819 Broadway;
• Tower Gas Mart, 542 N. Lyford Road; and
• Valli Produce of Rockford, 5880 E. State St.
Rockford Alcohol Free Teens offers Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education Training (BASSET) to retailers. For more information, contact Delicia Harris at (815) 967-4036.
Funding provided by the Illinois Department of Human Services and the Office of juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.
Posted May 8, 2014