- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
UPDATED: Photos of suspect in East State U.S. Bank robbery released
Online Staff Report
Rockford police are looking for a suspect involved in a robbery that occurred at the U.S. Bank at 1107 E. State St. Thursday morning, May 8.
The suspect is a black male, about 5-foot-11, 215 pounds, wearing a gray jacket and long pants. Anyone with information is urged to call Rockford police at (815) 987-5824 or CrimeStoppers at (815) 963-7867.
Police responded to the bank around 11:27 a.m. A man reportedly entered the bank, handed the teller a note, received cash and then fled. A weapon was implied, but not shown.
The bank is temporarily closed.
Posted May 8, 2014