- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
UPDATED: Photos of suspect in East State U.S. Bank robbery released
Online Staff Report
Rockford police are looking for a suspect involved in a robbery that occurred at the U.S. Bank at 1107 E. State St. Thursday morning, May 8.
The suspect is a black male, about 5-foot-11, 215 pounds, wearing a gray jacket and long pants. Anyone with information is urged to call Rockford police at (815) 987-5824 or CrimeStoppers at (815) 963-7867.
Police responded to the bank around 11:27 a.m. A man reportedly entered the bank, handed the teller a note, received cash and then fled. A weapon was implied, but not shown.
The bank is temporarily closed.
Posted May 8, 2014