- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Three arrested following parole compliance check
Online Staff Report
Early Thursday morning, May 8, members of the Rockford Police Department, the Illinois Department of Corrections and the Loves Park Police Department worked in a collaborative parole compliance check.
Officers checked 48 locations for compliance under the provisions of the Illinois Department of Corrections’ parole restrictions. As a result of this collaborative effort, a firearm, ammunition, two specialty knives, a pair of handcuffs, a pair of leg irons, a pair of nunchucks and narcotics were recovered.
The following were arrested:
• Adrian Bryant, 29, of Rockford, has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, possession with intent to deliver cannabis and resisting/obstructing an officer;
• Mark Stroud, 44, of Rockford, has been arrested on a Department of Corrections warrant; and
• Jeremy Barfield, 21, of Rockford, has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, possession of heroin and possession of cocaine.
Posted May 8, 2014