- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Three arrested following parole compliance check
Online Staff Report
Early Thursday morning, May 8, members of the Rockford Police Department, the Illinois Department of Corrections and the Loves Park Police Department worked in a collaborative parole compliance check.
Officers checked 48 locations for compliance under the provisions of the Illinois Department of Corrections’ parole restrictions. As a result of this collaborative effort, a firearm, ammunition, two specialty knives, a pair of handcuffs, a pair of leg irons, a pair of nunchucks and narcotics were recovered.
The following were arrested:
• Adrian Bryant, 29, of Rockford, has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, possession with intent to deliver cannabis and resisting/obstructing an officer;
• Mark Stroud, 44, of Rockford, has been arrested on a Department of Corrections warrant; and
• Jeremy Barfield, 21, of Rockford, has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, possession of heroin and possession of cocaine.
Posted May 8, 2014