- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Three arrested following parole compliance check
Online Staff Report
Early Thursday morning, May 8, members of the Rockford Police Department, the Illinois Department of Corrections and the Loves Park Police Department worked in a collaborative parole compliance check.
Officers checked 48 locations for compliance under the provisions of the Illinois Department of Corrections’ parole restrictions. As a result of this collaborative effort, a firearm, ammunition, two specialty knives, a pair of handcuffs, a pair of leg irons, a pair of nunchucks and narcotics were recovered.
The following were arrested:
• Adrian Bryant, 29, of Rockford, has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, possession with intent to deliver cannabis and resisting/obstructing an officer;
• Mark Stroud, 44, of Rockford, has been arrested on a Department of Corrections warrant; and
• Jeremy Barfield, 21, of Rockford, has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, possession of heroin and possession of cocaine.
Posted May 8, 2014