- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Three arrested following parole compliance check
Online Staff Report
Early Thursday morning, May 8, members of the Rockford Police Department, the Illinois Department of Corrections and the Loves Park Police Department worked in a collaborative parole compliance check.
Officers checked 48 locations for compliance under the provisions of the Illinois Department of Corrections’ parole restrictions. As a result of this collaborative effort, a firearm, ammunition, two specialty knives, a pair of handcuffs, a pair of leg irons, a pair of nunchucks and narcotics were recovered.
The following were arrested:
• Adrian Bryant, 29, of Rockford, has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, possession with intent to deliver cannabis and resisting/obstructing an officer;
• Mark Stroud, 44, of Rockford, has been arrested on a Department of Corrections warrant; and
• Jeremy Barfield, 21, of Rockford, has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, possession of heroin and possession of cocaine.
Posted May 8, 2014