- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
Three arrested following parole compliance check
Online Staff Report
Early Thursday morning, May 8, members of the Rockford Police Department, the Illinois Department of Corrections and the Loves Park Police Department worked in a collaborative parole compliance check.
Officers checked 48 locations for compliance under the provisions of the Illinois Department of Corrections’ parole restrictions. As a result of this collaborative effort, a firearm, ammunition, two specialty knives, a pair of handcuffs, a pair of leg irons, a pair of nunchucks and narcotics were recovered.
The following were arrested:
• Adrian Bryant, 29, of Rockford, has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, possession with intent to deliver cannabis and resisting/obstructing an officer;
• Mark Stroud, 44, of Rockford, has been arrested on a Department of Corrections warrant; and
• Jeremy Barfield, 21, of Rockford, has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, possession of heroin and possession of cocaine.
Posted May 8, 2014