- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Benefit in memoriam of Caylee Marie Sawtelle, infant
By Susan Johnson
On April 10, 2014, Caylee Marie and Mary Elizabeth Sawtelle were born four months prematurely at Rockford Memorial Hospital. After a brave and valiant attempt to remain with us, Caylee passed away on May 2, 2014. Monies are needed to help with expenses to properly put her to rest.
Donations will be much appreciated. Collection jars have been placed at Whiskey’s Roadhouse, 3207 N. Main St., and Latham Tap West Bar & Grill, 4213 W. State St. A benefit will be held from 2 to 6 p.m., Saturday, May 17, at Latham Tap, 2402 Latham St., at the corner of Latham and Fulton.
Caylee is survived by her parents, Sherman P. Sawtelle and Debra E. Swallows; twin sister, Mary Elizabeth Sawtelle; grandparents, Cheryl (late Terrance) Dodge and Sara Speed; great- grandparents, Sherman “Mac” (Juanita) MacVenn and Janette Chapell; aunts and uncles, Renee Swallows, Kenneth and Kristen Sawtelle; cousins, Billy, Bella and Jayden. She is predeceased by her grandfathers, Terrance Dodge and Kenneth Sawtelle and great-grandmother, Mary Elizabeth Leach.
Mary Elizabeth, Caylee’s twin, is still at Rockford Memorial Hospital and at this time is doing well. Her parents hope to be able to bring her home with them in August. They would like the community to come out and help in this benefit. Hopes are high for Mary Elizabeth, but it is still a long haul. Her parents wish to express their appreciation to the caring staff at Rockford Memorial who did their best to help her sister, and are now taking care of Mary Elizabeth.
Cremation services are private. A memorial service will be held at a later date. Christenson Funeral Home & Crematory is assisting with arrangements.