- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Benefit in memoriam of Caylee Marie Sawtelle, infant
By Susan Johnson
On April 10, 2014, Caylee Marie and Mary Elizabeth Sawtelle were born four months prematurely at Rockford Memorial Hospital. After a brave and valiant attempt to remain with us, Caylee passed away on May 2, 2014. Monies are needed to help with expenses to properly put her to rest.
Donations will be much appreciated. Collection jars have been placed at Whiskey’s Roadhouse, 3207 N. Main St., and Latham Tap West Bar & Grill, 4213 W. State St. A benefit will be held from 2 to 6 p.m., Saturday, May 17, at Latham Tap, 2402 Latham St., at the corner of Latham and Fulton.
Caylee is survived by her parents, Sherman P. Sawtelle and Debra E. Swallows; twin sister, Mary Elizabeth Sawtelle; grandparents, Cheryl (late Terrance) Dodge and Sara Speed; great- grandparents, Sherman “Mac” (Juanita) MacVenn and Janette Chapell; aunts and uncles, Renee Swallows, Kenneth and Kristen Sawtelle; cousins, Billy, Bella and Jayden. She is predeceased by her grandfathers, Terrance Dodge and Kenneth Sawtelle and great-grandmother, Mary Elizabeth Leach.
Mary Elizabeth, Caylee’s twin, is still at Rockford Memorial Hospital and at this time is doing well. Her parents hope to be able to bring her home with them in August. They would like the community to come out and help in this benefit. Hopes are high for Mary Elizabeth, but it is still a long haul. Her parents wish to express their appreciation to the caring staff at Rockford Memorial who did their best to help her sister, and are now taking care of Mary Elizabeth.
Cremation services are private. A memorial service will be held at a later date. Christenson Funeral Home & Crematory is assisting with arrangements.