- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Narcotics team makes drug arrests
Online Staff Report
For the past several weeks, members of the Rockford Police Department’s Narcotics Unit have been investigating different people after receiving information they were involved with selling drugs.
Police say Spencer Tolefree, 28, and Howard Lacy, 30, were working independently, delivering drugs to various locations, primarily on the west side of Rockford. Concluding their investigation, narcotics detectives arrested Tolefree Thursday, May 8, at a residence in the 200 block of South Pierpont Street. Lacy was taken into custody in the 500 block of South Pierpont Street.
The Narcotics Unit also continued an investigative followup in reference to a search warrant it previously conducted in August 2013 at 715 N. Sunset Ave. As a result, detectives were able to obtain an arrest warrant for 50-year-old Keith A. Armstrong for unlawful use of a firearm by a felon and no FOID. Armstrong was taken into custody Thursday, May 8, without incident. At the time of his arrest, he was allegedly in possession of a small amount of a substance which field tested positive for heroin. Armstrong was also charged with possession of a controlled substance.