- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Mike Donze of Saturn Studio, Pee Wee and the Wristers, Blues Police and Hillworms passes away at 62
Mike Donze, 62, died peacefully at home Thursday, May 8, 2014. Local singer, songwriter, musician and photographer in Rockford, Ill., and Fernandina Beach, Fla. He and his brother, Parry, owned and operated Saturn Studio in downtown Rockford from 1983 to 2002, as well as performing together in various bands.
Survived by his brother, Parry (Jennifer Sullivan) Donze, Spring Hill, Fla.; son, Sam Donze, Rockford, Ill.; stepson Clay (Isabel) Corrigan, Rockford, Ill.; stepdaughter, Cassie (Chad) Brecunier, Chicago; special friend and companion, April Frost; and a large extended family of much-loved cousins and friends.
The family wishes to thank Heartland Hospice and SwedishAmerican for their excellent care of Mike.
Memorial service 4-6 p.m., Monday, May 12, 2014, at Honquest Family Funeral Home and Crematory, Mulford Chapel, 4311 N. Mulford Road, Loves Park, Ill. In lieu of flowers, donations to SwedishAmerican Foundation (Mike Donze Memorial Music Fund on notation line). To share a memory or express condolences, visit honquestfh.com.
Posted May 8, 2014