- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
Mike Donze of Saturn Studio, Pee Wee and the Wristers, Blues Police and Hillworms passes away at 62
Mike Donze, 62, died peacefully at home Thursday, May 8, 2014. Local singer, songwriter, musician and photographer in Rockford, Ill., and Fernandina Beach, Fla. He and his brother, Parry, owned and operated Saturn Studio in downtown Rockford from 1983 to 2002, as well as performing together in various bands.
Survived by his brother, Parry (Jennifer Sullivan) Donze, Spring Hill, Fla.; son, Sam Donze, Rockford, Ill.; stepson Clay (Isabel) Corrigan, Rockford, Ill.; stepdaughter, Cassie (Chad) Brecunier, Chicago; special friend and companion, April Frost; and a large extended family of much-loved cousins and friends.
The family wishes to thank Heartland Hospice and SwedishAmerican for their excellent care of Mike.
Memorial service 4-6 p.m., Monday, May 12, 2014, at Honquest Family Funeral Home and Crematory, Mulford Chapel, 4311 N. Mulford Road, Loves Park, Ill. In lieu of flowers, donations to SwedishAmerican Foundation (Mike Donze Memorial Music Fund on notation line). To share a memory or express condolences, visit honquestfh.com.
Posted May 8, 2014