- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Mike Donze of Saturn Studio, Pee Wee and the Wristers, Blues Police and Hillworms passes away at 62
Mike Donze, 62, died peacefully at home Thursday, May 8, 2014. Local singer, songwriter, musician and photographer in Rockford, Ill., and Fernandina Beach, Fla. He and his brother, Parry, owned and operated Saturn Studio in downtown Rockford from 1983 to 2002, as well as performing together in various bands.
Survived by his brother, Parry (Jennifer Sullivan) Donze, Spring Hill, Fla.; son, Sam Donze, Rockford, Ill.; stepson Clay (Isabel) Corrigan, Rockford, Ill.; stepdaughter, Cassie (Chad) Brecunier, Chicago; special friend and companion, April Frost; and a large extended family of much-loved cousins and friends.
The family wishes to thank Heartland Hospice and SwedishAmerican for their excellent care of Mike.
Memorial service 4-6 p.m., Monday, May 12, 2014, at Honquest Family Funeral Home and Crematory, Mulford Chapel, 4311 N. Mulford Road, Loves Park, Ill. In lieu of flowers, donations to SwedishAmerican Foundation (Mike Donze Memorial Music Fund on notation line). To share a memory or express condolences, visit honquestfh.com.
Posted May 8, 2014