- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Illinois State Police announce NITE patrol stats
Online Staff Report
Illinois State Police troopers cited or arrested 39 people in Winnebago County during Nighttime Enforcement Patrols May 9-10.
The NITE patrols are designed to keep alcohol-impaired drivers off the roads, but if other violations are observed, enforcement action will be taken. Following is a list of citations and warnings.
- Registration offenses – 1
- Driver’s license offenses – 5
- Occupant restraint offenses – 5
- DUI arrests – 2
- Other alcohol/drug arrests – 3
- Total citations/arrests – 39
Police also gave 47 written warnings and arrested five people on criminal charges.
The patrols were funded by the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Division of Traffic Safety.