- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Illinois State Police announce NITE patrol stats
Online Staff Report
Illinois State Police troopers cited or arrested 39 people in Winnebago County during Nighttime Enforcement Patrols May 9-10.
The NITE patrols are designed to keep alcohol-impaired drivers off the roads, but if other violations are observed, enforcement action will be taken. Following is a list of citations and warnings.
- Registration offenses – 1
- Driver’s license offenses – 5
- Occupant restraint offenses – 5
- DUI arrests – 2
- Other alcohol/drug arrests – 3
- Total citations/arrests – 39
Police also gave 47 written warnings and arrested five people on criminal charges.
The patrols were funded by the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Division of Traffic Safety.