- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Illinois State Police announce NITE patrol stats
Online Staff Report
Illinois State Police troopers cited or arrested 39 people in Winnebago County during Nighttime Enforcement Patrols May 9-10.
The NITE patrols are designed to keep alcohol-impaired drivers off the roads, but if other violations are observed, enforcement action will be taken. Following is a list of citations and warnings.
- Registration offenses – 1
- Driver’s license offenses – 5
- Occupant restraint offenses – 5
- DUI arrests – 2
- Other alcohol/drug arrests – 3
- Total citations/arrests – 39
Police also gave 47 written warnings and arrested five people on criminal charges.
The patrols were funded by the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Division of Traffic Safety.