- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
Illinois State Police announce NITE patrol stats
Online Staff Report
Illinois State Police troopers cited or arrested 39 people in Winnebago County during Nighttime Enforcement Patrols May 9-10.
The NITE patrols are designed to keep alcohol-impaired drivers off the roads, but if other violations are observed, enforcement action will be taken. Following is a list of citations and warnings.
- Registration offenses – 1
- Driver’s license offenses – 5
- Occupant restraint offenses – 5
- DUI arrests – 2
- Other alcohol/drug arrests – 3
- Total citations/arrests – 39
Police also gave 47 written warnings and arrested five people on criminal charges.
The patrols were funded by the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Division of Traffic Safety.