- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
Illinois State Police announce NITE patrol stats
Online Staff Report
Illinois State Police troopers cited or arrested 39 people in Winnebago County during Nighttime Enforcement Patrols May 9-10.
The NITE patrols are designed to keep alcohol-impaired drivers off the roads, but if other violations are observed, enforcement action will be taken. Following is a list of citations and warnings.
- Registration offenses – 1
- Driver’s license offenses – 5
- Occupant restraint offenses – 5
- DUI arrests – 2
- Other alcohol/drug arrests – 3
- Total citations/arrests – 39
Police also gave 47 written warnings and arrested five people on criminal charges.
The patrols were funded by the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Division of Traffic Safety.