- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Joe Bruscato joins YMCA board
Online Staff Report
The YMCA of Rock River Valley recently announced that Winnebago County State’s Attorney Joseph P. Bruscato (D), will join its Board of Directors. Bruscato will serve a three-year term, assisting the board with the strategic oversight of the YMCA of Rock River Valley in achieving its mission of “building a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.”
Bruscato is currently serving his second term as the Winnebago County state’s attorney. He was first elected in 2008 and then re-elected in 2012. He previously ran a private practice and worked as an attorney for the City of Rockford.
Bruscato was raised in Rockford, attended Rockford Public Schools through eighth grade and graduated from Boylan Catholic High School. He graduated from Marquette University in 1984 with a B.A. in Political Science and received a juris doctor from Marquette University Law School in 1987.
Buscato is an active member of the community, participating and serving on a number of boards including the Illinois State’s Attorney Appellate Prosecutor’s Board of Governors, Northern Illinois Epilepsy Foundation, Rasmussen College Advisory Board and the Rockford Area Arts Council.