FEMA funding available for utility assistance at The Salvation Army
Funding is available for utility assistance through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Utility Assistance Program at The Salvation Army of Winnebago County, 416 S. Madison St., Rockford.
Applicants must be residents of Winnebago County, and funding is for one month’s assistance.
The assistance will be available from now until the end of June, or when funds are depleted.
The following documentation is required at the time of appointment:
1. Photo ID for all adults in the household;
2. Social Security card for everyone in the household;
3. Proof of income, such as a pay stub;
4. Most recent utility bills (NICOR, ComEd, City of Rockford Water);
5. Current food stamp award letter; and
6. Proof of address for everyone in the household.
Contact Gloria Sjogren at (815) 972-1135 for more details. Funding is administered through The Salvation Army Social Service Department.
From the May 14-20, 2014, issue