- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
278 students to graduate from Beloit College May 18
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis.—Sunday, May 18, 278 graduates will collect their diplomas when Beloit College hosts its 164th Commencement Exercises at 11 a.m.
The ceremony is scheduled to be held on the lawn, between the college’s administration building, Middle College, and a half-dozen ancient Indian mounds. The rain site will be the Flood Arena. located inside the Sports Center.
As the Mackey Chair, Young spent nearly a month on campus in the spring of 2013, teaching and leading a creative writing workshop, in addition to giving a public reading of his work (which is available on the college’s YouTube site).
The Atticus Haygood professor of creative writing and English at Emory University in Atlanta, Young is the author of eight books of poetry, including the Book of Hours (Knopf, 2014). He will also be presented with an honorary degree Sunday.
For more details on Commencement, click here.