- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
278 students to graduate from Beloit College May 18
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis.—Sunday, May 18, 278 graduates will collect their diplomas when Beloit College hosts its 164th Commencement Exercises at 11 a.m.
The ceremony is scheduled to be held on the lawn, between the college’s administration building, Middle College, and a half-dozen ancient Indian mounds. The rain site will be the Flood Arena. located inside the Sports Center.
As the Mackey Chair, Young spent nearly a month on campus in the spring of 2013, teaching and leading a creative writing workshop, in addition to giving a public reading of his work (which is available on the college’s YouTube site).
The Atticus Haygood professor of creative writing and English at Emory University in Atlanta, Young is the author of eight books of poetry, including the Book of Hours (Knopf, 2014). He will also be presented with an honorary degree Sunday.
For more details on Commencement, click here.