- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
278 students to graduate from Beloit College May 18
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis.—Sunday, May 18, 278 graduates will collect their diplomas when Beloit College hosts its 164th Commencement Exercises at 11 a.m.
The ceremony is scheduled to be held on the lawn, between the college’s administration building, Middle College, and a half-dozen ancient Indian mounds. The rain site will be the Flood Arena. located inside the Sports Center.
As the Mackey Chair, Young spent nearly a month on campus in the spring of 2013, teaching and leading a creative writing workshop, in addition to giving a public reading of his work (which is available on the college’s YouTube site).
The Atticus Haygood professor of creative writing and English at Emory University in Atlanta, Young is the author of eight books of poetry, including the Book of Hours (Knopf, 2014). He will also be presented with an honorary degree Sunday.
For more details on Commencement, click here.