- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
278 students to graduate from Beloit College May 18
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis.—Sunday, May 18, 278 graduates will collect their diplomas when Beloit College hosts its 164th Commencement Exercises at 11 a.m.
The ceremony is scheduled to be held on the lawn, between the college’s administration building, Middle College, and a half-dozen ancient Indian mounds. The rain site will be the Flood Arena. located inside the Sports Center.
As the Mackey Chair, Young spent nearly a month on campus in the spring of 2013, teaching and leading a creative writing workshop, in addition to giving a public reading of his work (which is available on the college’s YouTube site).
The Atticus Haygood professor of creative writing and English at Emory University in Atlanta, Young is the author of eight books of poetry, including the Book of Hours (Knopf, 2014). He will also be presented with an honorary degree Sunday.
For more details on Commencement, click here.