- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Rockford University starts Ambassador Families program
Rockford University has over 50 international students, and the number continues to grow! This summer we have 10 international students that will be attending Rockford University and living on campus. We are starting a new Ambassador Families program.
This program matches Rockford University International Students with local families to give our new students and families an opportunity to share cultures and build relationships. Students and families will arrange to spend time together as they so choose. Ambassador Families can include their students in family dinners, local sightseeing, shopping, holidays and any other events that can improve the students’ experience in Rockford. The initial commitment is for summer term, but many families and students elect to remain in contact for years.
Ambassador Families can be any resident of the Rockford area including couples, partners, families with children of various ages and single individuals. After being paired with your student, we will have a brief orientation and a welcome reception at the university to meet and get to know your student. If you are interested in becoming an Ambassador Family or simply want some more information, please contact Sam Bandy at (815) 226-4138 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the May 21-27, 2014, issue