- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Today in Pictures: Black Hawk still overlooks Rock
Online Staff Report
The Eternal Indian, commonly known as the Black Hawk statue, overlooks the Rock River from Lowden State Park in Oregon, Ill. This shot was taken by Garrett Feik, of Aledo, Ill., as he, Jon Gress and Jake Boucher kayaked through the area. As of this report, Feik, Gress and Boucher were approaching the mouth of the Mississippi River in Rock Island, Ill., two weeks after putting their kayaks in at the Rock’s headwaters at Wisconsin’s Horicon Marsh.
They made the trip to raise money for the Maranatha Baptist University athletic program. They chronicled the journey at facebook.com/RockRiverStart2Finish.
Send donations to:
Maranatha Baptist University Sabercats
745 West Main St.
Watertown, WI 53094
Readers are encouraged to post photographs on the The Rock River Times Facebook page and submit them via email. Photos may be sent to email@example.com with “Today in Pictures” in the subject line.