- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Today in Pictures: Black Hawk still overlooks Rock
Online Staff Report
The Eternal Indian, commonly known as the Black Hawk statue, overlooks the Rock River from Lowden State Park in Oregon, Ill. This shot was taken by Garrett Feik, of Aledo, Ill., as he, Jon Gress and Jake Boucher kayaked through the area. As of this report, Feik, Gress and Boucher were approaching the mouth of the Mississippi River in Rock Island, Ill., two weeks after putting their kayaks in at the Rock’s headwaters at Wisconsin’s Horicon Marsh.
They made the trip to raise money for the Maranatha Baptist University athletic program. They chronicled the journey at facebook.com/RockRiverStart2Finish.
Send donations to:
Maranatha Baptist University Sabercats
745 West Main St.
Watertown, WI 53094
Readers are encouraged to post photographs on the The Rock River Times Facebook page and submit them via email. Photos may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Today in Pictures” in the subject line.