- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
Today in Pictures: Black Hawk still overlooks Rock
Online Staff Report
The Eternal Indian, commonly known as the Black Hawk statue, overlooks the Rock River from Lowden State Park in Oregon, Ill. This shot was taken by Garrett Feik, of Aledo, Ill., as he, Jon Gress and Jake Boucher kayaked through the area. As of this report, Feik, Gress and Boucher were approaching the mouth of the Mississippi River in Rock Island, Ill., two weeks after putting their kayaks in at the Rock’s headwaters at Wisconsin’s Horicon Marsh.
They made the trip to raise money for the Maranatha Baptist University athletic program. They chronicled the journey at facebook.com/RockRiverStart2Finish.
Send donations to:
Maranatha Baptist University Sabercats
745 West Main St.
Watertown, WI 53094
Readers are encouraged to post photographs on the The Rock River Times Facebook page and submit them via email. Photos may be sent to email@example.com with “Today in Pictures” in the subject line.