- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Today in Pictures: Black Hawk still overlooks Rock
Online Staff Report
The Eternal Indian, commonly known as the Black Hawk statue, overlooks the Rock River from Lowden State Park in Oregon, Ill. This shot was taken by Garrett Feik, of Aledo, Ill., as he, Jon Gress and Jake Boucher kayaked through the area. As of this report, Feik, Gress and Boucher were approaching the mouth of the Mississippi River in Rock Island, Ill., two weeks after putting their kayaks in at the Rock’s headwaters at Wisconsin’s Horicon Marsh.
They made the trip to raise money for the Maranatha Baptist University athletic program. They chronicled the journey at facebook.com/RockRiverStart2Finish.
Send donations to:
Maranatha Baptist University Sabercats
745 West Main St.
Watertown, WI 53094
Readers are encouraged to post photographs on the The Rock River Times Facebook page and submit them via email. Photos may be sent to email@example.com with “Today in Pictures” in the subject line.