- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Today in Pictures: Black Hawk still overlooks Rock
Online Staff Report
The Eternal Indian, commonly known as the Black Hawk statue, overlooks the Rock River from Lowden State Park in Oregon, Ill. This shot was taken by Garrett Feik, of Aledo, Ill., as he, Jon Gress and Jake Boucher kayaked through the area. As of this report, Feik, Gress and Boucher were approaching the mouth of the Mississippi River in Rock Island, Ill., two weeks after putting their kayaks in at the Rock’s headwaters at Wisconsin’s Horicon Marsh.
They made the trip to raise money for the Maranatha Baptist University athletic program. They chronicled the journey at facebook.com/RockRiverStart2Finish.
Send donations to:
Maranatha Baptist University Sabercats
745 West Main St.
Watertown, WI 53094
Readers are encouraged to post photographs on the The Rock River Times Facebook page and submit them via email. Photos may be sent to email@example.com with “Today in Pictures” in the subject line.