- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Byron Civic Theatre holds auditions for ‘Wizard of Oz’
Online Staff Report
BYRON, Ill. — Byron Civic Theatre (BCT) will soon be holding auditions for its production of Wizard of Oz.
Auditions for children entering kindergarten through children entering eighth grade will be from 5 to 7 p.m., Sunday, June 1, in the Middle School Theatre, 850 N. Colfax, Byron, Ill. Adults (high school age and older) will begin at 7 p.m. that evening. Callbacks will be June 4.
Children will not need to prepare any music in advance. All children auditioning will be cast in the show.
Adults auditioning for lead parts will need to prepare a song for auditions. The selection does not have to be from the show. Those wanting chorus parts will not have to prepare a song for the audition.
All children eighth grade and younger must be accompanied by a parent. If a parent is not present, the child will not be able to audition.
Show dates are July 25-27 and Aug. 1-3.
Professional actor and performer Joe Coots, formerly of Winnebago, Ill., will direct the BCT production of the Wizard of Oz.
Posted May 28, 2014