- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Byron Civic Theatre holds auditions for ‘Wizard of Oz’
Online Staff Report
BYRON, Ill. — Byron Civic Theatre (BCT) will soon be holding auditions for its production of Wizard of Oz.
Auditions for children entering kindergarten through children entering eighth grade will be from 5 to 7 p.m., Sunday, June 1, in the Middle School Theatre, 850 N. Colfax, Byron, Ill. Adults (high school age and older) will begin at 7 p.m. that evening. Callbacks will be June 4.
Children will not need to prepare any music in advance. All children auditioning will be cast in the show.
Adults auditioning for lead parts will need to prepare a song for auditions. The selection does not have to be from the show. Those wanting chorus parts will not have to prepare a song for the audition.
All children eighth grade and younger must be accompanied by a parent. If a parent is not present, the child will not be able to audition.
Show dates are July 25-27 and Aug. 1-3.
Professional actor and performer Joe Coots, formerly of Winnebago, Ill., will direct the BCT production of the Wizard of Oz.
Posted May 28, 2014