- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Byron Civic Theatre holds auditions for ‘Wizard of Oz’
Online Staff Report
BYRON, Ill. — Byron Civic Theatre (BCT) will soon be holding auditions for its production of Wizard of Oz.
Auditions for children entering kindergarten through children entering eighth grade will be from 5 to 7 p.m., Sunday, June 1, in the Middle School Theatre, 850 N. Colfax, Byron, Ill. Adults (high school age and older) will begin at 7 p.m. that evening. Callbacks will be June 4.
Children will not need to prepare any music in advance. All children auditioning will be cast in the show.
Adults auditioning for lead parts will need to prepare a song for auditions. The selection does not have to be from the show. Those wanting chorus parts will not have to prepare a song for the audition.
All children eighth grade and younger must be accompanied by a parent. If a parent is not present, the child will not be able to audition.
Show dates are July 25-27 and Aug. 1-3.
Professional actor and performer Joe Coots, formerly of Winnebago, Ill., will direct the BCT production of the Wizard of Oz.
Posted May 28, 2014