- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
First Friday Book Sale set for June 6
The Friends of Rockford Public Library will host their First Friday Book Sale from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, June 6, in the Main Library Patron Lounge, 215 N. Wyman St., downtown Rockford.
The First Friday Book Sale will include gently-used fiction and non-fiction paperbacks, and many children’s books for just 25 cents each. Shoppers will also find deals on CDs, audiobooks and other popular media. Money raised from the sale will go toward purchasing special equipment and materials that support Rockford Public Library’s programs and services.
For more information, call the Friends at (815) 966-2721.
From the May 28-June 3, 2014, issue