- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
First Friday Book Sale set for June 6
The Friends of Rockford Public Library will host their First Friday Book Sale from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, June 6, in the Main Library Patron Lounge, 215 N. Wyman St., downtown Rockford.
The First Friday Book Sale will include gently-used fiction and non-fiction paperbacks, and many children’s books for just 25 cents each. Shoppers will also find deals on CDs, audiobooks and other popular media. Money raised from the sale will go toward purchasing special equipment and materials that support Rockford Public Library’s programs and services.
For more information, call the Friends at (815) 966-2721.
From the May 28-June 3, 2014, issue