- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Illinois Renewable Energy Association receives grant
The Illinois Renewable Energy Association (IREA) has been granted funding by the Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation (ICECF) for this year’s Renewable Energy and Sustainable Lifestyle Fair.
The fair, now in its 13th year, has been referred to by the ICECF as a “respected and expected event,” and recognized by state energy organizations as “Illinois’ premier renewable energy event.”
This is also the 13th year the ICECF has funded it.
The 2014 fair will be Aug. 23-24 at the Ogle County Fairgrounds near Oregon, Ill. It provides an opportunity for people who are interested in using renewable energy to meet those who provide equipment and services, and for those who are interested in living sustainable lives to learn about products and techniques to help. For more information, visit www.illinoisrenew.org.
From the May 28-June 3, 2014, issue