- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Illinois Renewable Energy Association receives grant
The Illinois Renewable Energy Association (IREA) has been granted funding by the Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation (ICECF) for this year’s Renewable Energy and Sustainable Lifestyle Fair.
The fair, now in its 13th year, has been referred to by the ICECF as a “respected and expected event,” and recognized by state energy organizations as “Illinois’ premier renewable energy event.”
This is also the 13th year the ICECF has funded it.
The 2014 fair will be Aug. 23-24 at the Ogle County Fairgrounds near Oregon, Ill. It provides an opportunity for people who are interested in using renewable energy to meet those who provide equipment and services, and for those who are interested in living sustainable lives to learn about products and techniques to help. For more information, visit www.illinoisrenew.org.
From the May 28-June 3, 2014, issue