- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Illinois Renewable Energy Association receives grant
The Illinois Renewable Energy Association (IREA) has been granted funding by the Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation (ICECF) for this year’s Renewable Energy and Sustainable Lifestyle Fair.
The fair, now in its 13th year, has been referred to by the ICECF as a “respected and expected event,” and recognized by state energy organizations as “Illinois’ premier renewable energy event.”
This is also the 13th year the ICECF has funded it.
The 2014 fair will be Aug. 23-24 at the Ogle County Fairgrounds near Oregon, Ill. It provides an opportunity for people who are interested in using renewable energy to meet those who provide equipment and services, and for those who are interested in living sustainable lives to learn about products and techniques to help. For more information, visit www.illinoisrenew.org.
From the May 28-June 3, 2014, issue