- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
Rockford’s Comprehensive Community Solutions seeks AmeriCorps member
Comprehensive Community Solutions, Inc., is seeking one qualified individual to fill a full-time AmeriCorps position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. AmeriCorps members will provide direct service to the program in the areas of construction and/or education.
Qualifications include: U.S. Citizenship, U.S. National, or lawful permanent resident; a GED or high school diploma and some college; strong oral and written communication skills; computer skills; ability to work as part of a team; possession of a valid Illinois driver’s license; and must have the availability to serve one full year.
The AmeriCorps appointments are for one year. Compensation is $930.76 per month, which includes insurance and possible child care. In addition, AmeriCorps members receive a $5,550 Educational Award at the end of their successful 12 months of service to the program. If you have any questions, contact Steve Marcon at (815) 963-6236, ext. 228.
Comprehensive Community Solutions, Inc., 917 S. Main St., Rockford, is a non-profit, tax-exempt agency founded in 1992. Originally formed to provide community-based services to individuals in the criminal justice system, the agency has grown to include a diversity of human service and affordable housing programs, giving life to its motto: “Building Human Capital, Communities and Affordable Housing.” Learn more at http://www.youthbuildrockford.org/.
From the May 28-June 3, 2014, issue