- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
Rockford’s Comprehensive Community Solutions seeks AmeriCorps member
Comprehensive Community Solutions, Inc., is seeking one qualified individual to fill a full-time AmeriCorps position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. AmeriCorps members will provide direct service to the program in the areas of construction and/or education.
Qualifications include: U.S. Citizenship, U.S. National, or lawful permanent resident; a GED or high school diploma and some college; strong oral and written communication skills; computer skills; ability to work as part of a team; possession of a valid Illinois driver’s license; and must have the availability to serve one full year.
The AmeriCorps appointments are for one year. Compensation is $930.76 per month, which includes insurance and possible child care. In addition, AmeriCorps members receive a $5,550 Educational Award at the end of their successful 12 months of service to the program. If you have any questions, contact Steve Marcon at (815) 963-6236, ext. 228.
Comprehensive Community Solutions, Inc., 917 S. Main St., Rockford, is a non-profit, tax-exempt agency founded in 1992. Originally formed to provide community-based services to individuals in the criminal justice system, the agency has grown to include a diversity of human service and affordable housing programs, giving life to its motto: “Building Human Capital, Communities and Affordable Housing.” Learn more at http://www.youthbuildrockford.org/.
From the May 28-June 3, 2014, issue