- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Rockford’s Comprehensive Community Solutions seeks AmeriCorps member
Comprehensive Community Solutions, Inc., is seeking one qualified individual to fill a full-time AmeriCorps position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. AmeriCorps members will provide direct service to the program in the areas of construction and/or education.
Qualifications include: U.S. Citizenship, U.S. National, or lawful permanent resident; a GED or high school diploma and some college; strong oral and written communication skills; computer skills; ability to work as part of a team; possession of a valid Illinois driver’s license; and must have the availability to serve one full year.
The AmeriCorps appointments are for one year. Compensation is $930.76 per month, which includes insurance and possible child care. In addition, AmeriCorps members receive a $5,550 Educational Award at the end of their successful 12 months of service to the program. If you have any questions, contact Steve Marcon at (815) 963-6236, ext. 228.
Comprehensive Community Solutions, Inc., 917 S. Main St., Rockford, is a non-profit, tax-exempt agency founded in 1992. Originally formed to provide community-based services to individuals in the criminal justice system, the agency has grown to include a diversity of human service and affordable housing programs, giving life to its motto: “Building Human Capital, Communities and Affordable Housing.” Learn more at http://www.youthbuildrockford.org/.
From the May 28-June 3, 2014, issue