- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Rockford’s Comprehensive Community Solutions seeks AmeriCorps member
Comprehensive Community Solutions, Inc., is seeking one qualified individual to fill a full-time AmeriCorps position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. AmeriCorps members will provide direct service to the program in the areas of construction and/or education.
Qualifications include: U.S. Citizenship, U.S. National, or lawful permanent resident; a GED or high school diploma and some college; strong oral and written communication skills; computer skills; ability to work as part of a team; possession of a valid Illinois driver’s license; and must have the availability to serve one full year.
The AmeriCorps appointments are for one year. Compensation is $930.76 per month, which includes insurance and possible child care. In addition, AmeriCorps members receive a $5,550 Educational Award at the end of their successful 12 months of service to the program. If you have any questions, contact Steve Marcon at (815) 963-6236, ext. 228.
Comprehensive Community Solutions, Inc., 917 S. Main St., Rockford, is a non-profit, tax-exempt agency founded in 1992. Originally formed to provide community-based services to individuals in the criminal justice system, the agency has grown to include a diversity of human service and affordable housing programs, giving life to its motto: “Building Human Capital, Communities and Affordable Housing.” Learn more at http://www.youthbuildrockford.org/.
From the May 28-June 3, 2014, issue